CD-2 High Performance Oil Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you have a great AA. I just went to mine and there was nothing good on the clearance rack. I have used it and have at least one or two UOAs where it was used, but confounded by the witche's brew of an oil mix I had. Nobody around here VOA'd it because it was discontinued. STP would not give me any data. All I can say is the label says "Contains olefin copolymer and zinc dialkyldithiophosphate."

If you look at the VOA of STP 4-Cylinder Oil Treatment on this site Butler Cat Lab's report shows 1800 ppm phos and 1960 zinc (ANA Labs 2885 and 2213 for same bottle of the stuff, but I would trust Butler Cat). Anyway, could assume similar level for the 6000-mile Extender, but who knows.

What is the price? I paid $4 each on clearance and some folks (Bror Jace I think) said they got it for a buck a bottle on clearance a couple years ago. If cheap enough I probably would buy it, but the CD-2 Boost stuff is cheap at $1.99 and we know what is in it.

Maybe it's the Nascar used oil as a carrier mixed with a great adpak to make a great recycled oil adpack
rolleyes.gif

Just picked up two bottles of the CD-2 from my Big Lots - thanks for the heads up guys. I have one bottle of VSOT left also. The three cars I change oil in have sumps from 3.3-3.7 qts, so these bottles should last a year or two. $1.99 is a great price when it goes for $8-12 online and is half of VSOT which just jumped up to $4.49 at my Pep Boys.

not to change the subject, but...could this stuff be added to the rinse oil after AutoRXing an engine? Seems it could REALLY boost the cleansing action of the rinse oil?

Frank?
offtopic.gif

I went in a Big Lots tonight and they had at a dozen bottles of this stuff.

I didn't buy any because I couldn't remember if it was the stuff being discussed on here or not.
rolleyes.gif

I doubt they go anywhere soon though.

i bought two bottles because they had .99 cent tags on them and the rest had 1.99. guess ill put them in my beater along with some Trop Artic

just got this email, looks like its no more

Dear Theodore,

Thank you for your recent Midway order. Unfortunately, we were advised by the manufacturer, that the item you order, Street Legal High Performance Oil Boost, 6oz has been discontinued and is no longer available. We will be shipping a total of 4 out to you that we have in stock and we will have to refund 2 items back to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We hope you will return to shop at Midway Auto Supply for future needs.

Thank you.

Yvonne Herrera

Customer Service

Midway Auto Supply, Inc.

[email protected]

www.midwayautosupply.com

214-943-4341

866-643-9291 toll free

fax 214-943-2647

quote:

Originally posted by ted s:
Unfortunately, we were advised by the manufacturer, that the item you order, Street Legal High Performance Oil Boost, 6oz has been discontinued and is no longer available. We

Bummer. And crap like STP Oil Treatment lives on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back