For those of us who actually have winter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...are you getting the fever to ride?

The talk is starting here in our spin classes. When will we resume the Saturday rides.

I'm even looking at getting some lights so I can ride to and from the gym in the morning. Nothing like riding to the gym to then do some weights or ironically participate in indoor cycling, then riding home
smile.gif

So it's getting to be time to take the bike down off the hooks and tune her up, maybe add that computer and some lights.

Who else is looking forward to the end of winter so you can ride outdoors again?

Originally Posted By: javacontour

The talk is starting here in our spin classes. When will we resume the Saturday rides.

I'm even looking at getting some lights so I can ride to and from the gym in the morning. Nothing like riding to the gym to then do some weights or ironically participate in indoor cycling, then riding home
smile.gif

So it's getting to be time to take the bike down off the hooks and tune her up, maybe add that computer and some lights.

Who else is looking forward to the end of winter so you can ride outdoors again?
My bike battery has been on trickle charge all winter
smile.gif

Last edited:
YES!!!
BTW you should get lights. Night MTB rides are amazing. Nothing more fun (other than downhill)
I bought my Blue Mountain seasons pass this past weekend. Can't wait to go.

I am looking forward to getting out on the trails soon. I'm hoping to do more riding this year than in years past now that my oldest son is big enough to do some riding with me.

Was talking about that last weekend. Need a new 29er tube and I'll be set to go. Even bought some boeshield t9.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Was talking about that last weekend. Need a new 29er tube and I'll be set to go. Even bought some boeshield t9.

I have like 10 extra tubes laying around. Shame that you're not closer. I've gone tubeless......

Originally Posted By: dja4260
I have like 10 extra tubes laying around. Shame that you're not closer. I've gone tubeless......

I heard that the "goo" must be reapplied every 6 months, which is the only reason that's kept me from trying the tubeless method.

I've had no problems with rim strips, puncture resistant tires, and Stop Flats 2 tire liners.

There was ONE time, actually... but I have reason to believe that it was vandalized when leaving it outside, and my chain ended up coming apart the very same day. Other than that one time, tho.... no problems with lining both sides of a puncture resistant tire.

Tubes last me as long as the tire. Longer, actually. I managed to burn a hole in one tire from so much use, and the stop flats protected the tube for maybe another 100 miles. Wasn't really keeping track of it. I'd actually seen the hole but done nothing about it. Finally, the tube popped one day.... had a spare set of tires ready to go and just re-used the liner. Good as new.
smile.gif
Shouldn't have needed to replace the tube, as well... but this was on a motorized bike with 2 chains, so it was kind of a pain in the arse to remove at times.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

smile.gif

Bicycling to spin class then bicycling home? You'll have to explain the rationale for that one to me....

Not everyone can get up and ride at 04:30. Some go from spin to work. Don't really have the trail network to go for a ride to get the same workout.

It just doesn't make sense to drive three miles each way when I could get up 1/2 hour earlier, ride there, workout with my friends for an hour, either on the indoor bikes, boot camp, etc, then ride home.

Seems to make more sense to me than it does to drive 1/2 hour to trailhead, ride alone for an hour and then drive back home.

Riding to the gym takes the car out of the equation.

And then a week after Easter, 70+ degrees. Got a ride in from 7am until about 10:30 give or take. The ride back was rough as the winds picked up out of the south.

Good to be on the trail again.

I've been riding at night for three years now.
My friends and I have also gotten into Fat Bikes so we can ride over a wider range of conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back