Does NAPA charge for their oil analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I can get the test kit for $13.99 online. Does that include the analysis or is the analysis extra? Anybody know?

That includes the oil analysis. I believe it is done by ALS tribology. Idr for sure if that includes TBN or not but I think it does.

Right on! They're not on sale but I can snag some for cheaper than Blackstone. Dying to see what this Max Life Synpower does in the Hyundai. Hopefully the reports are accurate and thorough.

Look online for Wix 24077 Oil Analysis Kit which is often cheaper and is tested the same as NAPA kits at ALS Tribology. I've used them for 4 tests so far. All include TBN. Sometimes it took them a couple weeks and an email asking why so slow so now I send the sample in a brown envelope with certified delivery (whatever its called..its cheap) so I know when it got there. They liked to say, when I queried them, that it wasn't there yet! This happened twice so I got to wondering if that little bottle didn't get misrouted in the mail. Last one in the envelope was received and done the next day.

I've heard that the wix 24077 uoa kit have expiration dates. Is that true? If so, about long do you have to send it in?

Originally Posted By: MikeySoft
I've heard that the wix 24077 uoa kit have expiration dates. Is that true? If so, about long do you have to send it in?

Micky, I just looked closely at the labels and paperwork that came with a kit, one that I've had for maybe 6 months and not used yet, and theres no mention anywhere about an expiration date. Thats not to say, perhaps, that newer kits are the same, but I would hope so, as I have several more out in my shed that I bought more recently. Will check them also when I get a chance and if theres a date, I'll post it here.

Thanks, I hope the price goes down again.
smile.gif

Bought some Wix kits on Amazon about a year ago for REAL cheap. They do take a while to turn around but the TBN is included. They have not been in that price range for a while, but even at regular price it is still at least $12 cheaper than Blackstone with TBN. I have 2 left and will use one once a year to keep tabs on the truck.

I sent my first sample to the NAPA lab in Atlanta early in the week. Some say they are real slow, others say they are done in day or two. Any way how do you use the tracking number on the stub from the form? I can't find any information either through napa or wix online... Thanks for help from anyone who has been through the process..

Bump.

If anyone on the board knows how to utilize the tracking number on the stub, please let me know.

Ok, I found the French language half of my form, which has the website listed on it. Apparently they put the web address on the part of the form they ask you to send to them. I thought I tossed the Francis form, but luckily I didn't. The site you need is:

http://webtrieve.alstribology.com

Feel kind of thick for not photocopying my packing slip before sending off, but I thought 'I've got my stub, they've got their half, it's good'. Now I'll wait till they set up my account.

My local NAPA sells other kits that are processed locally by a contract trucking firm that has their own equipment. It may be a Green Bay thing, but it's worth asking about at your local NAPA. It was $12.75 and included TBN, but for some reason it didn't include Phos or Zinc.

I dropped it off on my lunch break, and they emailed me the results before I left work at 4:00pm. That's worth the price right there.

I got my first uoa result back late Friday. About a week after they received my sample. They said every thing was "Normal" and my legacy got a green check symbol. I'll try to post up the uoa this week. They did mention Si was a touch high but not enough to get too worked up about..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
Ok, I found the French language half of my form, which has the website listed on it. Apparently they put the web address on the part of the form they ask you to send to them. I thought I tossed the Francis form, but luckily I didn't. The site you need is:

http://webtrieve.alstribology.com

Feel kind of thick for not photocopying my packing slip before sending off, but I thought 'I've got my stub, they've got their half, it's good'. Now I'll wait till they set up my account.

Posted my results:
UOA LGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back