Mandate gun insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Well the fundamental difference is that a gun could be operated anywhere, on a person at any time, etc. I hear ya though... Its yet another reason why Ive always disliked the automobile argument, yet it is one that MANY bring up over and over again when talking about this stuff.

So the argument then would be that a car cannot be taken off private property without this insurance. OK, so be it. If that is the case, then it would be insurance associated with ccw, etc. These things may or may not be as "fundamental" a right, and based upon my travels to many states where they habd out carry permits like candy, MANY places do not allow the firearms to stay on a person... which I speculate would then be why 150 THOUSAND guns are stolen each year.

On and on.

I hear ya. Again, Ive always hated the automotive argument, but so many pro-gun people use it. As I said before, it comes back to bite you, like it is here...

But in terms of costing, which is where the argument may be the slightest bit relevant - liability for death and dismemberment is liability for death and dismemberment. And is the costing of that liability excessive for car insurance? Heck, I pay something like $30/yr for million dollar coverage on my antique cars. On my daily drivers its a bit higher because the risks are higher.

What it MAY do is create a private means of double checking mental soundness, etc. Since the govt cant do it, a private entity can encroach and make decisions on a ton of non-PC things that the government cant. So it is a way of getting some of the tighter regulations that we should have, like better mental and background done by the private sector vs the public, which will apparently be so much more efficient and cost effective than the government can anyway.

Since so many on here scream less government, why not use the private sector to do our background checks and other constitutional stuff that they can apparently do so much better?
01.gif

In fact go to the Onion web site they have a very interesting article re. somebody that has a plan on bringing guns to school.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike
I couldn't have said it any better, Win.

Nevermind the fact that "gun insurance" wouldn't have done anything to prevent any of the violence in recent years--the Liberals rush to inflict their "reasonable" gun restrictions on the rest of us in the hope that the term "reasonable" will make their garbage easier to swallow.

Can you imagine the Liberal rioting if the Conservative extreme demanded "reasonable" restrictions on abortion?

One man's definition of "reasonable" is another's definition of "extreme," "intrusive," and "dicatorial."

Moreover, can U imagine the outcry if Conservatives wanted to limit the 1st ammendment? "Sorry Liberals U now cannot get your news from MSNBC any longer, U must only watch Fox News, listen to Glen Beck and Rush L.". How would that fly?

After watching that channel on Nov 6th was complety un hinged the public would insist a selection of ideas. They would have to have a choice. As you say Glenn and Rush are spokesmen. This 2016 they will declare a winner the day before. Hey check out the link I provided re. gun insurance and who is suplying it.
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike
I couldn't have said it any better, Win.

Nevermind the fact that "gun insurance" wouldn't have done anything to prevent any of the violence in recent years--the Liberals rush to inflict their "reasonable" gun restrictions on the rest of us in the hope that the term "reasonable" will make their garbage easier to swallow.

Can you imagine the Liberal rioting if the Conservative extreme demanded "reasonable" restrictions on abortion?

One man's definition of "reasonable" is another's definition of "extreme," "intrusive," and "dicatorial."

Moreover, can U imagine the outcry if Conservatives wanted to limit the 1st ammendment? "Sorry Liberals U now cannot get your news from MSNBC any longer, U must only watch Fox News, listen to Glen Beck and Rush L.". How would that fly?

@ ottotheclown - Did you even read what type of insurance the NRA is offering? I think I feel sorry for the groups you volunteer for.

Last edited:
Yes I did read the type of insurance it supplies do not feel sorry for those groups,I volunteer for, feel sorry for the dupes who believe things becausee they are hearing what they want to and are lost in lies.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
@ ottotheclown - Did you even read what type of insurance the NRA is offering? I think I feel sorry for the groups you volunteer for.

Oh I forgot go to the Onion .com site and see what person is planning to go into schools with a gun.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Oh I forgot go to the Onion .com site and see what person is planning to go into schools with a gun.

Otto, you do realize that the Onion is satire...right?

Now that you've hijacked this entire section (that was intended to be about maintenance, lubes, and cleaners for firearms) with your repeated political posts, and found out that there are intelligent, rational people who don't agree with your political position, can you just drop the politics?

IF you've got something useful to contribute on the subject of firearm maintenance, what oil/lube you prefer for your guns, what cleaners you use (e.g. I've found that MAF cleaner, bought on sale, does a reasonable job on polymer-framed guns...), then I am happy to read what you've posted.

Otherwise, please go find a forum that caters to politics.

Ok Have you read this thread??? Kinda gets into politics somewhat right?? Me too wants a lube that would be good for my Luger rather than politics. Like my brother always said"He started it"
grin.gif
Yes I know about Onion I worked for them in the 60's when Lenny Bruce was the rage. Look up the article I love them!!
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Otto, you do realize that the Onion is satire...right?

Now that you've hijacked this entire section (that was intended to be about maintenance, lubes, and cleaners for firearms) with your repeated political posts, and found out that there are intelligent, rational people who don't agree with your political position, can you just drop the politics?

IF you've got something useful to contribute on the subject of firearm maintenance, what oil/lube you prefer for your guns, what cleaners you use (e.g. I've found that MAF cleaner, bought on sale, does a reasonable job on polymer-framed guns...), then I am happy to read what you've posted.

Otherwise, please go find a forum that caters to politics.

Last edited:
Very suspicious source of info. It has been said some news programs are shills of political agenda
Originally Posted By: tig1
Maybe not now, but in the end this may be one way the Gov't takes our guns.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/02/democrats-push-bill-in-congress-to-require-gun-insurance/

Clown,
What do you want from us?? "Us" meaning law abiding Americans. You say 3000 people have been killed with guns since December. Of those less than 10 people are known to have serious mental disorders which is the focus of all of this gun restriction on the rest of "US". Do you want all of "US" to give up our rights(or make it very difficult to own fire arms) to gun ownership because of deranged people that are out there are the gangs and drug violence that we have in certain lawless areas of this country?

..... Me too wants a lube that would be good for my Luger ....

Wait ... what?

You are in possession of a handgun? Why aren't you practicing what you preach and setting a good example for all these children that look up to you?

Are you planning on keeping your gun while you agitate for other law abiding persons to be disarmed?

Very suspicious source of info. It has been said some news programs are shills of political agenda

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/02/democrats-push-bill-in-congress-to-require-gun-insurance/

Clown,
What do you want from us?? "Us" meaning law abiding Americans. You say 3000 people have been killed with guns since December. Of those less than 10 people are known to have serious mental disorders which is the focus of all of this gun restriction on the rest of "US". Do you want all of "US" to give up our rights(or make it very difficult to own fire arms) to gun ownership because of deranged people that are out there are the gangs and drug violence that we have in certain lawless areas of this country?

Id just like to know where the guns that the 2700 other deaths were caused by came from...

As I recall, 150k are stolen from irresponsible gun owners each year... Cauysing a self-propagating scheme.

Its Mr Clown, watch : I promise you will be able to keep your guns in spite of what you are hearing. . THE 3500 PLUS DEATHS WERE NOT CAUSED BY LANZA TYPES THEY WERE MAYBE NORMAL BY TODAY'S STANDARDS BUT DECIDED TO USE A GUN, DID YOU EVER SEE HOW MANY GUNS AT A BUY BACK?? THIS DOES NOT WORRY YOU A BIT??> :)quote=tig1]

Clown,
What do you want from us?? "Us" meaning law abiding Americans. You say 3000 people have been killed with guns since December. Of those less than 10 people are known to have serious mental disorders which is the focus of all of this gun restriction on the rest of "US". Do you want all of "US" to give up our rights(or make it very difficult to own fire arms) to gun ownership because of deranged people that are out there are the gangs and drug violence that we have in certain lawless areas of this country? [/quote]

Last edited:
No I was just being cute.
cool.gif
I do not own a hand gun or a sailboat. Again your honor I rest my case on needing background checks on this evidence
Originally Posted By: Win
..... Me too wants a lube that would be good for my Luger ....

Wait ... what?

You are in possession of a handgun? Why aren't you practicing what you preach and setting a good example for all these children that look up to you?

Are you planning on keeping your gun while you agitate for other law abiding persons to be disarmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back