Pennzoil Ultra SM. Still Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a stockpile of Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 API SM at a Wal-mart a few towns away. I picked up 10 quarts of PU 5w30 SM. They all have June 2011 except for two which have July 2010. So my questions are what is the shelf life of PU? Is PU SM better than the majority of SN oils out there? The label on thePU SM states it exceeds GF-5 protection requirements.

As always thanks for the information.

I agree that SM was the better oil. If I remember right, UOA showed that Pennzoil reformulated Ultra long before the bottle changed to SN.

PU is an amazing oil.

I'm new to the Pennzoil synthetic family of users. But, if I remember correctly, PP and PU was a BIG site sponsor here not too long ago. When it came out it stood the synthetic oil world (and BITOG) on its ear. I'm sure if it is the same SM from that era the quality is still the same today.
thumbsup2.gif

@ $5.00 a quart how could I not buy them. Not to mention the 5qt jugs @ $21.00. I have bought all the SM and SN I could find. Only the best for my Jeep.

I was under the impression that the SN Ultra was the holy grail of oil with it's GTL base stocks. I did obtain a couple of stellar UOA's with the SM and the additive levels were much higher...but "better" than SN?...

Originally Posted By: chevys10
I hope its still good..I have around 30 quarts of the stuff in my stash from around 2011 when there was a rebate.

I hear that...I still have 20qts from 2010 that I got for $15 a jug when on of the Walmarts near me decided they weren't going to carry Ultra anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back