More on Why DHS Ammo Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets better, the federally owned ammo manufacturer ATK is laying off employees, due to "modernization". At the same time they issue ammo buy contacts with shell corporations with no manufacturing capacity.

March 6
By MARK DAVIS
The Kansas City Star

Hourly workers at the federally owned Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence have been given voluntary layoff offers as part of a plan to reduce the workforce of 2,600.

The cutbacks result mainly from modernization efforts during the last eight years, according to Bryan Kidder, a spokesman for Alliant Techsystems, which operates the facility for the U.S. Army.

Previously, the Army had said the plant’s 30 government employees could see cutbacks as part of the federal cuts known as sequestration. Kidder said the layoff plans are not related to sequestration.

Last edited:
Some of you guys seriously need to research things before going off the deep end. Straight from the NRA itself:

"If you take the number of agencies that will be using this ammunition – CBP, Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), ICE, the U.S. Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration, the DHS police force, and all the guards that protect the various buildings these agencies are housed in, and spread that out over 5 years, you start to see that 450 million rounds really isn't that large of an order. Especially considering it is used for training purposes like firing range and live fire exercises, on-the-job use (though that is very limited), and to shore up their supplies. In fact, there are 65,000 – 70,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS who would be covered under this … ammunition contract. If DHS were to purchase all 450 million rounds over 5 years, then that would equate to only about 1,384 rounds of ammo per year per law enforcement [officer] … assuming the lower estimate of only 65,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS. Considering those agents go through training exercises several times per year, that is not a lot of ammunition."

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2012/federal-law-enforcement-agencies-buy-ammunition.aspx

It's sad to see more level headed people using Alex Jim Jones as a source.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/page/294957_Forbes_Drinks_the_1.6_Billion_

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Some of you guys seriously need to research things before going off the deep end. Straight from the NRA itself:

"If you take the number of agencies that will be using this ammunition – CBP, Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), ICE, the U.S. Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration, the DHS police force, and all the guards that protect the various buildings these agencies are housed in, and spread that out over 5 years, you start to see that 450 million rounds really isn't that large of an order. Especially considering it is used for training purposes like firing range and live fire exercises, on-the-job use (though that is very limited), and to shore up their supplies. In fact, there are 65,000 – 70,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS who would be covered under this … ammunition contract. If DHS were to purchase all 450 million rounds over 5 years, then that would equate to only about 1,384 rounds of ammo per year per law enforcement [officer] … assuming the lower estimate of only 65,000 law enforcement personnel at DHS. Considering those agents go through training exercises several times per year, that is not a lot of ammunition."

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2012/federal-law-enforcement-agencies-buy-ammunition.aspx

Yeah, but conspiracy theories are sexier. "The gubment is buying ammo!!! We're so skewered!!!"

Last edited:
Does anyone have any statistics about how much ammunition every law abiding gun owner has in the United States? My brother is big into guns and is a business partner with an FFL dealer, and probably has enough ammunition to fend off the DHS for a week. Just talking with guys in my neighborhood, they are locked and loaded and stockpiled.

I'd honestly put my money on the US citizenry in any kind of conflict.

They takin r ammo!

First it was wasn't the guns.

Sounds like a familiar plan
Gnomes_plan.png

Does anyone have any statistics about how much ammunition every law abiding gun owner has in the United States? My brother is big into guns and is a business partner with an FFL dealer, and probably has enough ammunition to fend off the DHS for a week. Just talking with guys in my neighborhood, they are locked and loaded and stockpiled.

You would lose that bet. Ask the South, or how every other rebellion against the US gov't faired.

My brother is big into guns and is a business partner with an FFL dealer, and probably has enough ammunition to fend off the DHS for a week. Just talking with guys in my neighborhood, they are locked and loaded and stockpiled.

Yes we have guns and strength in numbers but we do not have the training the federal agents do. Plus, automatic weapons win every time. So do armored vehicles. At least I can feel good about TRYING to protect what's mine. The human spirit is not easily broken.

Outside of that the only thing I can think of is to plink as much as possible at moving targets. And yeah, lots of ammo. Do it up.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
At least I can feel good about TRYING to protect what's mine.

What do you ammo hoarders seriously think is going to happen?

The "gov't" is coming to take your ____ (house, car, $, ...)?

Seriously?

I guess its a hobby, and gives you something to do.

My brother is big into guns and is a business partner with an FFL dealer, and probably has enough ammunition to fend off the DHS for a week. Just talking with guys in my neighborhood, they are locked and loaded and stockpiled.

Yes we have guns and strength in numbers but we do not have the training the federal agents do. Plus, automatic weapons win every time. So do armored vehicles. At least I can feel good about TRYING to protect what's mine. The human spirit is not easily broken.

Outside of that the only thing I can think of is to plink as much as possible at moving targets. And yeah, lots of ammo. Do it up.

What!?! ... you mean "Red Dawn" wasn't realistic?
lol.gif

Read up on what is happening in Cyprus. Soon to be in Italy, Spain, etc.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
At least I can feel good about TRYING to protect what's mine.

What do you ammo hoarders seriously think is going to happen?

The "gov't" is coming to take your ____ (house, car, $, ...)?

Seriously?

I guess its a hobby, and gives you something to do.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut

Good thing we aren't one of those countries and don't live there.

There's still cannibalistic tribes hidden in the world and people who have never used the internet. Somehow I don't think we're heading down those paths either.

Originally Posted By: surfstar

Good thing we aren't one of those countries and don't live there.

There's still cannibalistic tribes hidden in the world and people who have never used the internet. Somehow I don't think we're heading down those paths either.

Hey now, Cyprus is the bell weather of the world ya know
wink.gif

Bad source of info..
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2252870853001...d=1621774019001

A Fox news interview with a politician who is asking questions. [Good news is that there are others]
Like, why does the Social Security Administration need 174,000 hollow point rounds? Very wasteful for target practice. So why? In what scenario would they use these rounds??

Of course there is the expected reasoning of bulk buying, yada yada.

there are good questions and a few answers in the link.

If you go into downtown Seattle on the piers on Sat. night you can find the same every place you look. Except with them they are harmless we assume.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-5-minutes?lite Nice they should show photos that would bring this to a end for most
rational thinkers.

Based on the photos of the Lanza, I'd say that he was obviously a disturbed individual.

US Bank deposits are 93%GDP

Cyrus banks are 716%

U.S. banks have enough reserves to pay their debts, and the largest institutions recently held up well under Federal Reserve stress tests.

Cyprus doe not.

Cyprus has is a large concentration of assets in its two biggest banks, which had wrong-way bets in Greek debt.

The US does not.

In the regular banking sector, though, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp has enough capital to backstop deposits of up to $250,000 in the case of bank failures.

Cyprus does not.

Yeah, some people should read up on Cyprus. Then explain just what any of it has to do with ammunition.

Well it has to do with ammo because if banks here "imposed" a 40% tax on deposits I have a feeling guns would be involved. And as for the banks, well without some MASSIVE bailouts a couple of years ago there are many that would have gone belly up. The FDIC is a feelgood measure that does not have the capability to save us in a major economic crash. I really hope that none of these things happen, I really do. But when all you do is spend other peoples money time and time again something has to give. Italy, Spain, Ireland, France, Greece all have shown us the way not to run a tax system or an economy for that matter. The problem is that our leaders (Republican and Democrat) are not paying attention.
Originally Posted By: Trajan

US Bank deposits are 93%GDP

Cyrus banks are 716%

U.S. banks have enough reserves to pay their debts, and the largest institutions recently held up well under Federal Reserve stress tests.

Cyprus doe not.

Cyprus has is a large concentration of assets in its two biggest banks, which had wrong-way bets in Greek debt.

The US does not.

In the regular banking sector, though, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp has enough capital to backstop deposits of up to $250,000 in the case of bank failures.

Cyprus does not.

Yeah, some people should read up on Cyprus. Then explain just what any of it has to do with ammunition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back