Oil change and oil cap debris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings!

I changed the oil in my 2010 VW Jetta TDI today and some grains of dirt that was on the oil cap seal got into the filler tube.

Will the oil filter get this or do I need to worry?

Thank you

The cars only worth 500 dollars now, pm me and ill take it off your hands....
coffee2.gif

Thanks guys. I 'hate' the dirt that collect on the oil filler seal. I need to figure out a better way to get it clean next go round.

In case any are wondering, this is the first time using Mobil 1 ESP 5w30. I hope it is good or better than the Pentosin Super Perf I have been running...

i'llgive you 5000 for it with no concern for a few grains of sand. Let me know if you want to sell. Good driving to you

I spend almost as much time cleaning the area around and under the cap as I do changing the oil!

I have never had a vehicle that collects as much road debris around the filler cap as my '09 TDI.

I have considered putting duct tape over the cap to keep the junk out, but am afraid of the tape coming loose and going right behind the engine and starting a fire on the DPF!

For now, I just remove the rubber surround, clean like mad, carefully remove the cap and wipe the area around and under the cap with a rag moistened with WD-40 (to catch and hold the dirt).

I resist using compressed air for fear of blowing dirt into places I can't remove it, but may then be subsequently washed into the engine when I re-fill.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back