Topper wax for New Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks ago I bought a new Nissan Altima with Pearl White paint. The dealer says he applied a sealer but I wasn't impressed so I used a cleaner glaze and then applied a two coats of sealer. Both products are from Dodo Juice. I have heard nice things about Colinite 845 and have been thinking of using it as the topper wax. Anyone with experience with this wax and /or suggestions ? I'm in the Gulf Coast area of Texas and want to get as much protection on before the heat arrives.

Thanks

Alot of information about Collinite 845 on this site. Easy to use and durable. Take a look at some old threads you will find alot. Also Nu Finish is liked as an OTC product.

Don't know if a wax like this is best in high heat areas, since it tends to melt, become soft and attract dust and dirt. A good non wax sealant might be better.

There is none better than #845. It is a hybrid....part sealant, part carnauba and exceptional in high heat areas. Dodo is a very good product so I don't know if #845 is worth the extra effort or not. That's up to you. Give it a go, the worst that can happen is you strip everything and start over. I think it will adhere and add more protection but have no way of proving that will happen.

What is interesting is the few microns of "wax" that are left after buffing whatever you put on, no matter how many "coats".

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Finish Kare 1000p, Colinite 476, or 845. They have great reputations as far as durability.

X2, those work really well

Originally Posted By: TTK
Don't know if a wax like this is best in high heat areas, since it tends to melt, become soft and attract dust and dirt. A good non wax sealant might be better.

The paint has been sealed. Am I wrong, that a carnuba goes on afterward ?

Colonite 845 looks great on white cars. I love the stuff, but use very very small amount. You can do a hood with a dime size amount. It does not haze over like traditional waxes and can be difficult to remove because you can't see it. But it sure does a great job, slick as glass and it really lasts and lasts.

Matt

Originally Posted By: matt711
Colonite 845 looks great on white cars. I love the stuff, but use very very small amount. You can do a hood with a dime size amount. It does not haze over like traditional waxes and can be difficult to remove because you can't see it. But it sure does a great job, slick as glass and it really lasts and lasts.

Matt

The Colonite 845 arrived just yesterday. Sure is thick. I'm told to heat it in warm water and make sure to shake it.

Thanks

Not to point out the obvious... but isn't Dodo's biggest product their high quality carnauba waxes?

A high quality carnauba would make a perfect topper. If you were happy with their cleaner and sealer, why not give one of their waxes a go?

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Not to point out the obvious... but isn't Dodo's biggest product their high quality carnauba waxes?

A high quality carnauba would make a perfect topper. If you were happy with their cleaner and sealer, why not give one of their waxes a go?

Because pure Carnauba is not as durable(from what I have read, and seen), especially in regards to heat. That is why I ordered a few tins of Finish Kare 1000P. So unless you find waxing therapeutic, why not get something that lasts longer between applications?

thumbsup2.gif
Collinite 845 or 476s would be my two choices.
thumbsup2.gif

Because pure Carnauba is not as durable(from what I have read, and seen), especially in regards to heat. That is why I ordered a few tins of Finish Kare 1000P. So unless you find waxing therapeutic, why not get something that lasts longer between applications?

Dodo's sealer is plenty durable and will give all kinds of long lasting protection. A topper is just for looks... and nothing tops better than carnauba.

Dodo's sealer is plenty durable and will give all kinds of long lasting protection. A topper is just for looks... and nothing tops better than carnauba.

The "better" is most certainly debatable. I prefer anything, including a topper to last and have not seen Carnauba do that well. Especially in the heat of summer.

I would also use a carnauba wax as a topper.

Keep in mind that you want a pure wax only for topping, no cleaner or glazing proporties, these wil damage the underneath coat of sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back