More on Why DHS Ammo Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2252870853001...d=1621774019001

A Fox news interview with a politician who is asking questions. [Good news is that there are others]
Like, why does the Social Security Administration need 174,000 hollow point rounds? Very wasteful for target practice. So why? In what scenario would they use these rounds??

Of course there is the expected reasoning of bulk buying, yada yada.

there are good questions and a few answers in the link.

If they buy up all the bullets and guns (with our money), then we can't get any
whistle.gif

when the fed comes clean about all the greenbacks they're printing and the world economy makes good on the promise of coming off the dollar standard somebody's gotta stop the bank stampede...

We need to ask first how many rounds a typical police force or agency has historically bought. It may be just more open access to data.

Many on here say to train with the round youre going to use to protect yourself - is DHS or any other agency exempt from that?

Some on here shoot thousands of rounds a year. If that is mndated for DHS or whatever other agency has a LE or armed contingent, why should it be different?

I feel there is an agenda with the ammo buying. These agencies are not stupid.

They need it to be known how anti-gun the leaders and admin of this country, even if not the citizens of it, are prepared to go.

It is one thing to stockpile, but, to go to war? Against whom?
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
If you are not stockpiling yourself then your are setting yourself up to be a victim. I really wish it were not true.
frown.gif

And how does not doing so set one up to be a victim?

A need for hollwpoint practice for the Social Security Adm.?

Look, I could giver better [censored] explanations and justifications than the Gov. But [censored] is [censored].

I am glad that there are those in power who are looking into this.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
If you are not stockpiling yourself then your are setting yourself up to be a victim. I really wish it were not true.
frown.gif

Some 1930's European history should be in your future.

Hmm. Open violation of board rules, confident repetition of debunked claims, abject tin foil hat paranoia, and a juvenile reference to Nazi Germany -- all with moderator participation.

Gotta say this does not bode well for the future of the site.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Hmm. Open violation of board rules, confident repetition of debunked claims, abject tin foil hat paranoia, and a juvenile reference to Nazi Germany -- all with moderator participation.

Gotta say this does not bode well for the future of the site.

I hope your tin foil hat reference helps you sleep better at night. To be honest anyone that does not see everything lining up is as blind as....well I hope you have a good nights rest.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
frown.gif

Some 1930's European history should be in your future.

Really? Let me guess, you're going to bring up how the Weimar Republic banned guns? (until 1928) Or how the post war West German gov't banned private gun ownership til 1956?

Don't bother.

And don't bother with the myth you imply about Hitler and gun control.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

Look, I could giver better [censored] explanations and justifications than the Gov.

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
Use what you practice with. If you practice with 180, use that for you home protection or carry.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Between those 2 I'd pick the 180 but prefer the 155-165 grain loads in the .40S&W.

The Federal 155JHP is the load that I carry. Excellent performance in ACTUAL shootings (its the Border Patrol and many LEO offical load) plus they come 50 to a box priced reasonable so practice is something you can do more of.

Bill

Should agents not practice with what they carry?

I have determined that a .50 cal ammo can holds 1150 rounds of .45 ACP, and weights 55 lbs. I'm almost full on the .40 can. I have other cans of other caliber receiving attention. I'm not a prepper, but it pays to think ahead and be prepared for a variety of circumstances.

I found some 9mm yesterday and bought it. I don't have any 9mm pistols at the moment, but I found some ammo and I bought it. At some point I'll buy a conversion barrel for my G23 and will have something to shoot out of it.

I'm not one of those with 10k rounds of each caliber, but I can understand the desire to stockpile ammo in times of uncertainty. If the times of plenty ever return, I'll shoot it up before I die. If they don't, well, vindication for all of us of like mind.

I don't care if anyone thinks I'm crazy, because I think they have their collective heads in the sand or are on the other side anyway. Good luck to them, I say.

With the economic unrest around the world, and our own country determined to implement policies of the same sort, nothing good can come of it. We are on the wrong path as a nation, and have lost our way as a vibrant and hard working people. If you aren't preparing for the possibilities you aren't taking care of business.

That is all...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

Look, I could giver better [censored] explanations and justifications than the Gov.

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
Use what you practice with. If you practice with 180, use that for you home protection or carry.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Between those 2 I'd pick the 180 but prefer the 155-165 grain loads in the .40S&W.

The Federal 155JHP is the load that I carry. Excellent performance in ACTUAL shootings (its the Border Patrol and many LEO offical load) plus they come 50 to a box priced reasonable so practice is something you can do more of.

Bill

Should agents not practice with what they carry?

It is good to practice with what you shoot, but only the US Gov't would shoot nothing else. Who else can afford it? I wish I could. FMJ of the same weight would be much cheaper.

DHS has nearly 200,000 employees, and ordered 1.6 billion rounds of various calibers. That's 8000 rounds per employee...

As an example, folks like CBP will train with their duty rounds, and training (initial training) involves at least 1,000 rounds...requalification might take 150 or so twice a year, 300 for each employee...double that to allow for practice if the Gov't is supplying practice rounds....so 800 rounds/year per person that is armed is about right.

Now, if every single person in the DHS carried a firearm...then this 1.6 billion number might, just might, make sense...if we were wanting to buy the next 10 years' worth of ammo all at once...

But how many of them are required to be trained and/or qualified on firearms? That's the real question...if it's 15% of the employees, then they've bought a 70 (almost a century) year supply...and looking at the TSA for example, with over 40,000 employees in DHS, I know that those folks are not carrying firearms...

So, if half of the DHS was trained and regularly required to be armed, they've bought about 20 years' worth of ammo. The military has nowhere near that many years of anything stockpiled. So why does the DHS need that much?

If I had 20 years worth of ammo stored in my safe, and anyone found out, I would be on a government watch list...a poster child for gun control measures...

So, for Trajan, like you, I am not one for conspiracy theories, but the boring truth is that the DHS has bought enough ammo for 20 years...and that boring truth is hard to explain...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back