Napa Gold Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked their website, in my area they show napa platinum oil filters for 7.54 each, think ill grab 2 of the 41356 tomorrow

How does the gold filter compare to Purolator's PureOne filter? With the Pepboys BOGO coupon, I can get the PureOne filter for $3.49 each, but the two Pepboys stores are much farther away compared to the Napa store near me.

Originally Posted By: termigator
How does the gold filter compare to Purolator's PureOne filter? With the Pepboys BOGO coupon, I can get the PureOne filter for $3.49 each, but the two Pepboys stores are much farther away compared to the Napa store near me.

The Napa Gold is by far a superior filter at least in terms of construction and durability.

Napa Gold is the only filter to give me a problem in 30 years of driving. Summer 2011. Oil light went on, began to lose power. Luckily I had the filter for the next oil change in the trunk. A purolator classic. Problem solved. That leaves a bitter taste for me, go with the Purolator PureOne, can get them cheap on Amazon.

Just called the local NAPA store. Gold filters are still priced at $7+. He did not mention any sale. The sale must be local. Guess I'll just stick with the Pepboys special.

THey used to be a nicely constructed filter. Haven't looked at one in a couple of years and hope they haven't started with combo valves on them. Filtration efficiency was/is average, about 99%@ 35 um, though it varied somewhat according to part number, and who knows what it is at this point since Wix has been messing up all their formerly great specs listings. If it were me, I would look carefully, make sure there is no combo valve in the part number you need and ask Wix or Napa directly for the exact efficiency for that part number.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Is the Gold good for 10K?

I have ran Golds to 10K with NO problems at all many times. Of course I used synthetic oils when doing so, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, PU.

Just called the local NAPA store. Gold filters are still priced at $7+. He did not mention any sale. The sale must be local.

I just bought two, for $4.97 each.

I am very pleased with the Napa Gold cartridge filter I bought for our KIA, so much so I already bought another one for the next OCI.

The Napa Gold spin on I bought was a disappointment (1515) the ADBV would not seal at all on a blow test no matter how I tried. Every other filter I tested that I had on hand sealed instantly, including the orange can. Took it back to Napa and they all were the same way. I was not impressed.

The filter in question has a thread end bypass, not a combo valve.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I am very pleased with the Napa Gold cartridge filter I bought for our KIA, so much so I already bought another one for the next OCI.

The Napa Gold spin on I bought was a disappointment (1515) the ADBV would not seal at all on a blow test no matter how I tried. Every other filter I tested that I had on hand sealed instantly, including the orange can. Took it back to Napa and they all were the same way. I was not impressed.

The filter in question has a thread end bypass, not a combo valve.

I currently have a 1515 installed on my '07 DGC w/ 3.8L and I am getting more than normal startup clatter. I bought two NP 41085 on sale for $7.54 (awesome deal) and will try them out.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
... and ask Wix or Napa directly for the exact efficiency for that part number.

I have not had any luck in the last year or more getting anything but rhetoric out of their "tech" response in emails. The woman that was answering (past tense) last year was either very uninformed, or very adept at avoiding direct questions.

Wix used to rock at being forthcoming; they suck now. But they don't really suck any more than the rest of the publically outward responses from the other main competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back