Bobby Brown after only 9 Hours in Jail for 3rd DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh more examples of Democracy in action.

Can't wait for this to get locked up when an argument starts.

Originally Posted By: Brenden
Ahhh more examples of Democracy in action.

Can't wait for this to get locked up when an argument starts.

I'd be in for 3 years if I was lucky

I think it is unfortunately going to take a horrendous accident (many victims) before we see the courts change. "Celebrities" like Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes (many more, pick your day) seem to be able to skirt the law

There's a reason that the rich and famous think that they're special. The reason is that they get treated that way.

Then, at some point there's a looooong fall to a hard landing. The clock is ticking, Bobby. Tick Tick Tick

Originally Posted By: Eddie
3 DUIs here in Fl gets you a lost driving licence for life, I think or is it 10 years?

If you are lucky enough to get your driving privilege restored in Florida, you do not get a choice of Ignition Interlock Devices. Northern counties get LifeSafer. Southern Counties get ACS. That's it, you don't get to shop for a better, more advanced device or a better price.

You get to sit in the parking lot with the device beeping at you while you try to provide a passing breath sample. People stare.
lol.gif

Ohio is the best: You get an Ignition Interlock Device that blasts the horn when you fail or skip a rolling retest and you get special "I got a DWI" license plates.

dui_license_plate.jpg

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
seems like CA has some pretty lax laws
Only if your a celebtrity. The rest of us get huge fines for small infractions like a $490 Red light camera ticket for stopping 2 inches past the limit line.

Originally Posted By: cchase
If it were up to me, the first DUI would land you 1-5 years in state prison.

Here in Onondaga County , NY it's extremely easy to get off on a DUI or DWI. Happens all the time.

It ain't right.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
seems like CA has some pretty lax laws
Only if your a celebtrity. The rest of us get huge fines for small infractions like a $490 Red light camera ticket for stopping 2 inches past the limit line.

exactly right. The laws for us mere mortals are much tougher.

I had never heard of him either, but he is apparently a rapper.

He was from Boston. I remember him in the New Edition

Here first DWI is a misdemeanor unless there is a minor in the vehicle. Then it is felony endangerment.

But it ain't easy.

Ignition interlock device, you'll spend $10,000 to $25,000 in fees, defense fees, and surcharges, you may have to wear a continuous transdermal alcohol monitor ($365.00+ mo.), minimum 24 hours of community service...

Honestly, I would just sell my car and ride my bike before going through all of that.
Originally Posted By: Spazdog

Here first DWI is a misdemeanor unless there is a minor in the vehicle. Then it is felony endangerment.

But it ain't easy.

Ignition interlock device, you'll spend $10,000 to $25,000 in fees, defense fees, and surcharges, you may have to wear a continuous transdermal alcohol monitor ($365.00+ mo.), minimum 24 hours of community service...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back