Auto RX progress report on BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last post on this subject should be in a few weeks when I dump my second arx rinse oil. This 95 BMW 525i engine just seem to run better and better, It even sounds stronger.

FYI,I set the cruise today on a flat road for about 10 miles. The fuel economy gauge (which is fairly accurate) stated I was getting/averaging 32-34 mpg at 60 mph at the trip's end. Of course this is not accurate over a real trip.

I can average 29-30 on a trip. One of my favorite all time cars!

quote:

Originally posted by Russell:
My last post on this subject should be in a few weeks when I dump my second arx rinse oil. This 95 BMW 525i engine just seem to run better and better, It even sounds stronger.

FYI,I set the cruise today on a flat road for about 10 miles. The fuel economy gauge (which is fairly accurate) stated I was getting/averaging 32-34 mpg at 60 mph at the trip's end. Of course this is not accurate over a real trip
I can average 29-30 on a trip. One of my favorite all time cars!

**** thats pretty **** good. Does it have that inline 6?

It has the m50tu 2.5 liter inline six. Bought it 3 years ago. Was owned by a mature couple and was wife driven. Back seat and trunk looked like never been used. They traded for a new Volvo suv. However, IMO, the bmw was bit under maintained with no tune up or transmissison oil/filter change in its first 72,000 miles.

I have changed every fluid at least twice, especially the transmission and differential with synthetics. I now have 121,000 miles on the car.

Finshed my second ARX rinse on my 95 bmw. I ran 10w40 Pennzoil dino oil for about 2,600 miles.

Tore the filter apart and found only small deposits of dark sludge like material. Frankly, I thought there would be more junk. I now believe my engine is as clean as i can easily make it.

For the oil/filter change I used a new Mahle filer and six quarts of 5w50 Castrol syntec.

Thanks for yor interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back