where is GearHeadTool and is he coming back ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do temp bans usually last on Bitog?

His last posts were 2-27-2013. I guess if he got a month-long ban he wouldn't be back yet, but I don't know it mods on this forum even hand out month-long bans.

Originally Posted By: hemitom
I looked under user list typed in name Nothing ?

When a member is suspended, his name will not show up on the user list.

It is under GearheadTool not GearHeadTool.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
[

This, and the fact that he was handing out people car advice, which was potentially dangerous given his track record.....

This is what made me dislike him. He may have not intentionally done this to create a serious problem for other noobs here, but some of his "suggestions" seemed very likely to cause serious damage to vehicles if the unsuspecting believed it was good info. GHT wrote as if he was an "expert" or an authority about certain car maintenance issues. That is dangerous.

Thanks for bringing up this point Overkill.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Was his girlfriend really 350 lbs or was that some type of inside joke ?

Yes, she was. He had pics.......

Nothing wrong with that, I guess. Warmth in the winter and shade in the summer....

I generally try to stay out of these kind of threads, but I always found his posts entertaining and I do miss him and hope he comes back. I spend a lot of time on the internet, and you meet all kinds of people.

Originally Posted By: mikered30

It is under GearheadTool not GearHeadTool.

The point I was trying to make was that if you go to the "User List" at the top of the forum and search for GearheadTool, you will not get any results. Even if you browse the list alphabetically, you will still not see him because he's currently suspended.

Of course, you can still find one of his old posts and navigate to his user profile from there, like you did.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I suspect that he's on vacation - a mod decision...one that I support...he had stepped over the line in calling another BITOGer a POS...

I don't think he's a troll in the classic sense. He's not making stuff up to provoke a reaction (though that is often what happens). I believe that his experiences are real, and his opinions are genuinely his...and his manner is genuine...though I might find it somewhat manic and obsessive, I think that he finds a sense of community here and hope he comes back.

I recall that thread
Honestly I think his heart is in the right place,but it seems to me his bk job is quite possibly his calling in life. He is a bit dim,which is what makes his posts so entertaining.
I hope its not a permanent vacation,he does keep things interesting around here. And you guys gotta admit he takes our abuse in style and in stride. It would be a shame to lose him for good

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Maybe his "lady friend" got wise and kicked him to the curb. Since it is likely that she was paying all the bills, it means no home, no food, no internet. LOL

Maybe he decided to commit a "petty" and get thrown back in the slammer for three hots and a cot, unfortunately they don't offer internet in most jails.

Jerk.

Interesting. Both you and GHT managed to resort to name calling when someone posts something that ruffles your feathers.

Not at all. I call 'em like I see 'em. No matter what your opinion of GHT, to bring up his criminal record on here, or make snide remarks about his girlfriend, is the mark of a jerk. Period.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Maybe his "lady friend" got wise and kicked him to the curb. Since it is likely that she was paying all the bills, it means no home, no food, no internet. LOL

Maybe he decided to commit a "petty" and get thrown back in the slammer for three hots and a cot, unfortunately they don't offer internet in most jails.

Jerk.

Interesting. Both you and GHT managed to resort to name calling when someone posts something that ruffles your feathers.

Not at all. I call 'em like I see 'em. No matter what your opinion of GHT, to bring up his criminal record on here, or make snide remarks about his girlfriend, is the mark of a jerk. Period.

Interesting to see this conversation take place. GHT= GMAN PERHAPS?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Interesting to see this conversation take place. GHT= GMAN PERHAPS?

Yeah, right.

+1 Real life and forum life ought to be seperate if the poster wants them seperate. It's only because he's such an interesting character that some have done detective work with GHTs poorly executed privacy settings to find out more about him.

I've had a moderator of this forum call me to the carpet for activities elsewhere, and it's not cool. IMO judge a member by his actions here and how they interface with the rules (which, BTW, GHT broke.) I'm betting he broke the rules not of malice but simple carelessness due to how he's wired.

I am with GMan. He seemed genuine. I wonder how many of you have a graduate level degree to offer such fine mental health diagnosis? So the guy was a little different than most. If you don't like him, put him on your ignore list.

ref

and the jerkbus keeps stopping and picking people up doesn't it? Maybe G-Man has some compassion for certain types of people thus the reason he referred to SOME of you as jerks. GearheadTool wasn't hurting anyone in here and anybody who takes singular automotive "help" from a forum needs help themselves....seriously, who writes in and automatically does what one person suggests?

I hope I can walk on water like some of you someday.....better yet, why don't YOU honestly evaluate YOURSELF?

Maybe people should lay off GHT for a while and let him post.....if you get offended by someone calling you a POS....then maybe you are or have a tendancy to be one.....only YOU know the answer to that one!

Seems to me the Jerkbus is standing room only!

Before I lock this up let's review the rules;

Quote:
5. Each member agrees that he or she shall not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of any person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Whether or not a member violates this rule, and whether he or she should have their membership suspended or terminated as a result, shall be decided in the sole discretion of the owner or his designated agents.

Looks like some folks in this thread need to understand the above rule!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back