where is GearHeadTool and is he coming back ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, it takes a community to raise a child.

Something's going on and he's in that ADHD, quasi-juvenile 20-something age where he's still open to powers of suggestion. For whatever reason, this forum is a bright sparkle of competence he looks up to.

So, be nice. Do you want to trade your life for his?

I understand some got annoyed that they gave advice, it wasn't taken, and GHT wound up in a spot because of it. So? Don't take personal offense.

I say unban him early. Parable of the wayward son and all that.

Originally Posted By: cchase
I suspect he's gone. If history is any guide, he (or someone identical to him in posting style) will be back within a few weeks. He's about the 7th iteration of - if not the same person - an identical posting style/frequency.

I still haven't been able to figure out whether each user is the same person, or whether this forum just attracts that personality type. I suspect they are autistic/Aspergers types because they seem to all have a bizarrely accurate memory of very specific engine codes, transmission codes, years of production for obscure vehicles, yet seem very removed from social convention (even online social convention). It's just speculation though, that perhaps an oil forum might attract more of a very detail-oriented type of person.

Personally I thought he was obnoxious, and ironically I was the one he called a "POS" when I suggested that his posts were amusing but that he devalued the entire forum with his drivel (which I still believe). Most of his posts were entirely pointless and he seemed attention-starved to an unhealthy level. No one needs to see any pictures of users faces, or their girlfriends and especially not multiple times per day. Personally, I don't care what any of you guys look like.

I remember one Mustang of mine had a 289 and the other a 351W (the rest of the cars since are a blur), hope that does not mean I am high on the Autistic/Aspergers scale. Well those are disp. not engine codes.

Originally Posted By: Donald

I remember one Mustang of mine had a 289 and the other a 351W (the rest of the cars since are a blur), hope that does not mean I am high on the Autistic/Aspergers scale. Well those are disp. not engine codes.

Not really the same thing. I'm not indicating that simply having a vast knowledge base about all things vehicular implies some kind of disability, nor did my statement lead to that conclusion.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Maybe his "lady friend" got wise and kicked him to the curb. Since it is likely that she was paying all the bills, it means no home, no food, no internet. LOL

Maybe he decided to commit a "petty" and get thrown back in the slammer for three hots and a cot, unfortunately they don't offer internet in most jails.

Jerk.

Interesting. Both you and GHT managed to resort to name calling when someone posts something that ruffles your feathers.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Here's the thing, it takes a community to raise a child.

Something's going on and he's in that ADHD, quasi-juvenile 20-something age where he's still open to powers of suggestion. For whatever reason, this forum is a bright sparkle of competence he looks up to.

So, be nice. Do you want to trade your life for his?

I understand some got annoyed that they gave advice, it wasn't taken, and GHT wound up in a spot because of it. So? Don't take personal offense.

I say unban him early. Parable of the wayward son and all that.

I've got a very close friend who has probably the worst case of ADHD I've ever seen. And I have ADD, and my sister has ADHD... I'm familiar. He's like that chipmunk from "over the hedge" but on meth. He's THAT intense. But he's far more logical than GHT, and far less destructive. And he can be reasoned with.

I think GHT's disability is far beyond what can be tucked under the guise of ADHD, IMHO. My mom taught behavioural kids for 20 years and he is of the type that would have been one of her students. They need to be dealt with in a particular way to be properly guided and I'm not sure, even with the best of intentions, that this board is the best place to get that advice.

Think about it. Many on here are OCD to some degree, that's WHY we flock to this site! We can obsess about the minutiae and excessive maintenance and feel right at home with others that do the same. Do you think that's a healthy environment for somebody like him who is so "out there"?

I don't.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Personally I thought he was obnoxious, and ironically I was the one he called a "POS" when I suggested that his posts were amusing although he devalued the entire forum (which I believe). Most of his posts were entirely pointless and he seemed attention-starved to an unhealthy level. No one needs to see pictures of users faces, or their girlfriends and especially not multiple times per day.

This, and the fact that he was handing out people car advice, which was potentially dangerous given his track record.....
Well i have to agree with you about posting his personnal photos, He was leaving himself open to attacks of a hateful nature which there is really no need to ever go down that path, like the guy or not. Most of us come here for advice and to learn something new, there is alot of useful information giving on this forum. To bad some just come here to attack a post when the chance comes around.

Originally Posted By: hemitom
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Personally I thought he was obnoxious, and ironically I was the one he called a "POS" when I suggested that his posts were amusing although he devalued the entire forum (which I believe). Most of his posts were entirely pointless and he seemed attention-starved to an unhealthy level. No one needs to see pictures of users faces, or their girlfriends and especially not multiple times per day.

This, and the fact that he was handing out people car advice, which was potentially dangerous given his track record.....
Well i have to agree with you about posting his personnal photos, He was leaving himself open to attacks of a hateful nature which there is really no need to ever go down that path, like the guy or not. Most of us come here for advice and to learn something new, there is alot of useful information giving on this forum. To bad some just come here to attack a post when the chance comes around.

It wasn't just personal photos, his photodump account had pictures of various forms of photo ID in it! A quick Google of his real name showed that he had a criminal record and there were a number of mug shots indicating that yup, it was him....

He was starved for attention. That's why he posted the pictures. He fed off the feedback from this site and this was why he would post these bizarre and wacky things. He wanted people to respond. Even if it was negative.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Yep. Sounds like a lost person looking for attention.

What was he arrested for ????

I don't recall if it was mentioned or not unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Was his girlfriend really 350 lbs or was that some type of inside joke ?

Yes, she was. He had pics.......

I always enjoy seeing member`s pics. Puts a face to the name and makes BITOG not seem so impersonal.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I like Gearheadtool. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Myself included, criminal record or not . Over 44000 members i'm sure not the only one with a record ?

Last edited:
I like Gearheadtool. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

He was very nice. Just a bit unhinged.
smile.gif

I always enjoy seeing member`s pics. Puts a face to the name and makes BITOG not seem so impersonal.
Fully agree, But he should have left the girlfriend out, just an easy excuse for sarcastic remarks about her size. But like overkill states maybe he enjoys the attention at the benefit of her.

Last edited:
GHT started me looking at who authored a post before bothering to read it.

After the thread where he posted pics of himself, I never bothered reading his posts, or threads. Nothing against the guy, but there's nothing to be learned from his contributions, and obviously little point in trying to share knowledge with him. It's like pushing a boulder up a hill with a rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back