where is GearHeadTool and is he coming back ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if most of his posts are trolls or not, But i must admit i get more laughs reading his posts then anybody else's. I'm dying to find out What he and the lady friend are cruising in .

Last edited:
I just did a search of usernames he does not come up.? Maybe he got the golden handshake. (banned for life)

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. The posts are entertaining. His old posts still show up since I saw some old ones earlier today. I'll check with the mods to see if they can shed some light for us.

Every once in a while another long time member disappears. I guess that is bound to happened sooner or later. Heck, I am a long time member. One of these days I will be ancient, forgotten history.

I suspect that he's on vacation - a mod decision...one that I support...he had stepped over the line in calling another BITOGer a POS...

I don't think he's a troll in the classic sense. He's not making stuff up to provoke a reaction (though that is often what happens). I believe that his experiences are real, and his opinions are genuinely his...and his manner is genuine...though I might find it somewhat manic and obsessive, I think that he finds a sense of community here and hope he comes back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Every once in a while another long time member disappears. I guess that is bound to happened sooner or later. Heck, I am a long time member. One of these days I will be ancient, forgotten history.

He wasn't a long-time member, his tenure here was extremely short.

Based on his Volvo days and his last "cooling off" period, you'll know if he is back. A post a minute from that guy. He did get some interesting (to me) discussions going though, although he frustrated some BITOG'ers in the process.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Troll.

grin.gif

Maybe his "lady friend" got wise and kicked him to the curb. Since it is likely that she was paying all the bills, it means no home, no food, no internet. LOL

Maybe he decided to commit a "petty" and get thrown back in the slammer for three hots and a cot, unfortunately they don't offer internet in most jails.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Maybe his "lady friend" got wise and kicked him to the curb. Since it is likely that she was paying all the bills, it means no home, no food, no internet. LOL

Maybe he decided to commit a "petty" and get thrown back in the slammer for three hots and a cot, unfortunately they don't offer internet in most jails.

Jerk.

I suspect he's gone. If history is any guide, he (or someone identical to him in posting style) will be back within a few weeks. He's about the 7th iteration of - if not the same person - an identical posting style/frequency.

I still haven't been able to figure out whether each user is the same person, or whether this forum just attracts that personality type. I suspect they are autistic/Aspergers types because they seem to all have a bizarrely accurate memory of very specific engine codes, transmission codes, years of production for obscure vehicles, yet seem very removed from social convention (even online social convention). It's just speculation though, that perhaps an oil forum might attract more of a very detail-oriented type of person.

Personally I thought he was obnoxious, and ironically I was the one he called a "POS" when I suggested that his posts were amusing but that he devalued the entire forum with his drivel (which I still believe). Most of his posts were entirely pointless and he seemed attention-starved to an unhealthy level. No one needs to see any pictures of users faces, or their girlfriends and especially not multiple times per day. Personally, I don't care what any of you guys look like.

There's enough forums out on the internet filled with this kind of pointless chatter, like 20 page threads about advice (which was never taken) on a car. One of the great things about BITOG is its technical, educated user base.

Originally Posted By: cchase

Personally I thought he was obnoxious, and ironically I was the one he called a "POS" when I suggested that his posts were amusing although he devalued the entire forum (which I believe). Most of his posts were entirely pointless and he seemed attention-starved to an unhealthy level. No one needs to see pictures of users faces, or their girlfriends and especially not multiple times per day.

This, and the fact that he was handing out people car advice, which was potentially dangerous given his track record.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back