BG DOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

So i thought i'd start a new thread.

I'm going to be doing some (x3) short OCI's at 2k intervals using mobil 1 ESP 5w-30.

I have a can of BG DOC. Searching the forum i see this thread:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2642095

(If link doesn't work then it's in :BOB IS THE OIL GUY » Forums » Fuels / Fuel & Oil Additives » Oil Additives » BG D.O.C)

In short, the BG DOC looks like HDEO? Higher levels of calcium, zinc and phosphorus. Someone has posted an analysis of the product.

Questions are - is it synthetic or dino? And is it worth putting in my 2.7 HDI. Bearing in mind i'm dumping the oil back out in 2k. Don't if the extra zinc etc will provide a bit more protection anyway?

Cheers in advance

The OP didn't provide much information on the vehicle/engine, but Wikipedia says that his engine is a 2.7L V6 diesel made by PSA. It began production in 1999 and can be found in Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles.

Apologies - forgot to link my old thread!!!

Reason for short OCI's, new to me car. 6 years old but only 35k on clock. Previous owner did 3 oil changes, once every 2 years. X3 short OCI's just to gently clean engine out. (Was going to flush with bg109 but advised against).

I just have a can of BG DOC so was wondering whether to use?

Previous poster is correct about engine type. I have Peugeot 407 coupe 2.7 HDI.

Just your thoughts on using this oil conditioner or, will it cause an issue? Is it worth using? Any benefits in it? Or is it just something I should put on eBay!!

Currently in my infancy learning about oil and what types, blends etc. The engineer in me finds it interesting. Unfortunately I don't think I can offer much to the forum!

For a short OCI I'd consider an inexpensive dino oil, then once you're done your cleaning put in the better synthetic.

Just been looking at "Oil - myths and facts".

I can get cheap (Asda in UK, Walmart in US)correct spec 5w-30 synthetic and use that for first two changes.

Copy and pasted from website:

"ASDA 5W30 Petrol and Diesel Fully Synthetic Motor Oil has been manufactured to the latest aPI SM/CF specification giving maximum performance and protection from cold start to continuous high speeds.
This motor oil is suitable for high performance, higher mileage petrol and diesel engines on extended service intervals. Meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications: SaE 5W30: API SM/CF ACEA C3, Low SAPS/ Low a
sh"

Only issue i have is whether it has the same detergent/ cleaning ability? I don't mind paying out for mobil 1 for all oil changes if i know it is doing benefit and helping give me good preventative maintenance.

Engine is only 35k on clock.

Last edited:
Get BG DOC analyzed and see how much detergent is in it.

Otherwise, only use a good mineral oil for those short cleaning OCI's.

Most HDEO's should suffice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back