Moth balls in gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the other tips?

Drill a hole in your thermostat?

Use synthetic oil and change it every 3000 miles.

Use Royal Purple oil because he tested it in his shop?

Use Fram Tough Gaurd oil filter?

Use Autolite Racing spark plugs?

If you use regular spark plugs get autolite platinum and cut off the tip?!?!?

Why don't the auto manufacturers call him for advice?

think of it this way: what happens to all the non-napthalene (solid) stuff? (hint: it goes nowhere, at best clogging the fuel filter and eventually filling the tank with some unknown gooey mass)

and what is the possible logic of the WD40 anyway? Gasoline already repels water....

I'm thinking this is a joke site.

Naphthalene is an aromatic like toluene. It should raise the octane rating. Depending on the gas and your engine, that may or may not help anything. Note, beware of the chloro something other products. Can't see anything good happening from adding a chlorinated material to your engine.

Tossing mothballs in the fuel tank to increase octane levels was a trick that people in occupied Europe used in World War II - assuming they had access to the lousy fuel then available. I can't imagine what it did to their engines.

Back in the early 60s when I was in high school I worked in a gas station where the owners raced a flathead Ford stock car. They always put moth balls in the gas, the only obvious effect was it made the exhaust flames on decel look a really neat color....
grin.gif

Back then, it was moth balls in the gas and Bon Ami down the carb.

But I'm not sure I'd try either on a modern engine.

Mothballs work great in any engine- you can get up to 17 extra mpg.

More performance tips:

Replace brake fluid and power steering fluid with Amsoil 5w30.

Always run your car a quart low on oil, it gives it better combustion.

Replace antifreeze with a 50/50 mix of Crisco and vinegar.

Keep only 15 psi in your tires during the winter - another extra 5 mpg.

Use honeybee honey as a premium car wax (clearcoat safe).

These are all great tips I've picked up over the years on various auto websites. They're on the internet, they must work...

What does that say about a society that can look up this info on the WWW but not figure out how to put gas in a car?

"Honey, I'm pulling into the station, could you google some instructions for me on your blackberry?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back