When Does Oil clunk up and become like pudding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click to reveal..
So while at School Saturday I was Approached by a attractive female student,that i would sometime's have my eye on when I would Be cought off task in class,.well anyway's she would sometime's see me in my O'Reilly Uniform.so Yesterday morning She then asked me if i would Kindly help her do an oil change to her 99 VW Jetta 1.8 ,All the Wrong Male Sensor's went off in my head and I said sure I would Gladly help. Me being "The Nice Guy" I had a Spare Mahle filter from my ex Girlfriend's Audi and .I have a box of BMW Oil 5w30 sitting in the garage that I never used so I decided to use some of that oil to do her oil change. when time come's down to do the oil change yesterday evening in my garage. I saw her dash board it look like a Christmas tree, At that very Moment I knew i was in for it. I swear To you guy's and not making this up.when i started draining the oil and look like a black pudding was coming out with tiny chunk's in it and stunk.I was Shocked I have never seen anything like this in my life? needless to say I changed her oil and now that I have got down and dirty and looked under her hood.I Found my self not So attracted to her anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grndslm
There's a new saying hidden in there somewhere....

"I like my women like I like my oil."

Light and thin.
grin.gif

Last edited:
the sad part about this story is when i asked about her last oil change she could not give me an answer. What I wan't to know is how the [censored] did that turbo not blow up on her.well time we only tell.now I have a feeling I just created a ticking time bomb by changing that oil.

Originally Posted By: JohnathanDm
Click to reveal..
So while at School Saturday I was Approached by a attractive female student,that i would sometime's have my eye on when I would Be cought off task in class,.well anyway's she would sometime's see me in my O'Reilly Uniform.so Yesterday morning She then asked me if i would Kindly help her do an oil change to her 99 VW Jetta 1.8 ,All the Wrong Male Sensor's went off in my head and I said sure I would Gladly help. Me being "The Nice Guy" I had a Spare Mahle filter from my ex Girlfriend's Audi and .I have a box of BMW Oil 5w30 sitting in the garage that I never used so I decided to use some of that oil to do her oil change. when time come's down to do the oil change yesterday evening in my garage. I saw her dash board it look like a Christmas tree, At that very Moment I knew i was in for it. I swear To you guy's and not making this up.when i started draining the oil and look like a black pudding was coming out with tiny chunk's in it and stunk.I was Shocked I have never seen anything like this in my life? needless to say I changed her oil and now that I have got down and dirty and looked under her hood.I Found my self not So attracted to her anymore.

All seriousness if she is a nice girl I wouldn't let that get in the way chances are if her oils that dirty shes probably pretty clean
laugh.gif
assuming she likes guys that can change oil and what have you.

When I met my wife she didnt even know what a socket was let alone a disptick. (Darn city girls) now she can sucessfully do ball joints on an f150 pregnant and mc pherson struts as well. Show her how to take care of herself. Every one needs to know how.

Originally Posted By: SS1970chrysler

Light and thin.
grin.gif

I like my women thick and curvy like 20W50
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Dakota1820
When I met my wife she didnt even know what a sucker was let alone a disptick.

Does that happen to you a lot?

Just stay away from the High Mileage varieties.

I personally don't want anything synthetic, or recycled

Last edited:
the sad part about this story is when i asked about her last oil change she could not give me an answer. What I wan't to know is how the [censored] did that turbo not blow up on her.well time we only tell.now I have a feeling I just created a ticking time bomb by changing that oil.

So you don't like her enough to check up on her (car) every week or two?

Originally Posted By: cmorr

Just stay away from the High Mileage varieties.

I personally don't want anything synthetic, or recycled

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
laugh.gif
01.gif

This made me laugh hard. Im still laughing. Folks we have ourselves a real Seinfeld over here.
laugh.gif

well you see I like her enough to let her have my bmw Oil but not my Ow30 or Ow40 stash! haha maybe but Girl's who drive any kind of vw product are like the car Stubborn and high maintenance. maybe I will stick around and see What happen's maybe i can be her superman and take down her christmas tree in her car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dakota1820
Click to reveal..

All seriousness if she is a nice girl I wouldn't let that get in the way chances are if her oils that dirty shes probably pretty clean
laugh.gif
assuming she likes guys that can change oil and what have you.

When I met my wife she didnt even know what a socket was let alone a disptick. (Darn city girls) now she can sucessfully do ball joints on an f150 pregnant and mc pherson struts as well. Show her how to take care of herself. Every one needs to know how.

now that is a women! see i dont know it just makes me think if she keep's her car dirty what make's sure that she's not dirty like her pudding oil? I would not have a doubt in my Mind if she used Golden state 40 Wt Oil.

Wow, another case of neglect.

To answer the thread's question: Pudding happens probably somewhere beyond 60000 miles.

You did her a favor...fresh oil is better, but some short OCIs are in order to clean it out. IF the turbo doesn't blow, or the pickup doesn't clog and kill her engine.

Don't let her blame you if it fails...I can hear it now: "Well everything was FINE until he changed the oil!"

Last edited:
I've only ever seen pudding come out of a "retired" Chevy work truck that hadn't seen an oil change in close to 5 years. Sad thing is that the guy who owned the truck actually rebuilt motors before and has taught a few people how to maintain their own vehicles.

He likely wouldn't have even changed it for another year or two, but I found a cheap Airstream camper trailer for around $2,000 that I needed towed about 50 miles back home. He didn't want to do it at first, but after I offered him $100, he hopped up and knew precisely what he had to do to make it back home. Get the pudding out. Boy, did he sure know what he was doing.
smile.gif

I guess he likes his women black and chunky, but he's not afraid of a change every few years.

Very funny and if the engine had a turbo I'm surprised it has not gone bang! Perhaps she is driving like a granny at low revs as that would help.
Let her know that the oil should be changed again fairly soon and in my opinion it would be worth using a major brand HM (High miles) 10/40 followed by the classic 3K mile OCI again to help get the abused block clean. The BMW 5/30 will help clean things, but her car is a definite candidate for a good HM oil and old VW's love them.
Black death is a terrible way to kill a VW, but it happens every day. It's a pity you can't find the last service record as that would be interesting. The record is well over 100K miles on factory fill and that engine was not even damaged, but it was in clean mountain air and driven by an oil engineer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Wow, another case of neglect.

To answer the thread's question: Pudding happens probably somewhere beyond 60000 miles.

You did her a favor...fresh oil is better, but some short OCIs are in order to clean it out. IF the turbo doesn't blow, or the pickup doesn't clog and kill her engine.

Don't let her blame you if it fails...I can hear it now: "Well everything was FINE until he changed the oil!"

I really hope that does not happen to the OP here, they turn into -Well you knowwww my car RAN and had no PROBLEMS.. until THIS guy put his hand on the car and then it all started not working, immediately after I lethim open the hood and change the oil and start messing around with it, probably doesnt know WHAT he is doing you know what it is all is fault, he killed my car.- I hope it doesnt go that route, OP.

And another vote for thick and heavy like 20W-50. I like em black and semi-senthetic black, too!
laugh.gif
I like the Pennzoil women. The Mobil women might be slick. Maybe i'll get me some Castrol women soon, but i will pass on the Valvoline white bottle women, not enough TBN.

Quote:
The record is well over 100K miles on factory fill and that engine was not even damaged, but it was in clean mountain air and driven by an oil engineer.

If he was an oil engineer then why didn't he change his oil?
33.gif
And what does it matter his profession if the oil was in there that long? Does that magically change what happens to it in her engine? Garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back