Favorite Beer threads of 2013 combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domestically, I'm a big fan of Sierra Nevada's offerings, particularly Torpedo.

Foreign, Wiehenstephaner brews and Samuel Smith are favorites (Taddy Porter !!!).

Since we are getting this question asked weekly here is ONE place where all can discuss the same subject.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
I had my one beer for awhile. Was Sapporo this time.

Who else likes what?

It's OK. Nothing special, IMO.

Quote:

And should I try SAMUEL ADAMS next time?

Sure, why not. SA has a very specific taste due to the type of hops they use. Not necessarily good or bad, just different. Sadly, due to using the same hops, all their beers taste about the same to me, so I stopped experimenting with different SA varieties and just stuck to the original SA lager if I want that particular SA taste.

You wouldn't be a proper Bostonian without ever having tried one. They'll be putting it in CANS soon!
cheers3.gif

Rasputin is an awesome Ale. Salvador is a great German dopple bock. Anything Dogfish Head is great.

Still, gotta love a frosty cold can of PBR!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vq35de_touring
Dos XX anyone?

Best mexican beer ever. But still icky when compared with my favorites.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Has anyone ever heard someone complaining about the price of beer???? EVER??

No, but I suppose to complain about the price of beer is to admit weakness that they are not the ultimate beer conneseur who would pay any price for their suds.

Sam Adams does have a particular taste. It is a somewhat dark wheat-y beer. I don't like their seasonal beers, as they are too funky for me. I do like SA Light, it is a pretty good beer without too much carbonation. Very smooth.

Goose Island India Pale Ale is an excellent IPA.
Molson Canadian is a tasty domestic-style beer.
Hoegaarden is a fine wheat beer too.
So many choices...

So, being in the US until yesterday, I bought some Beck's (made in USA, not made in Germany) and there is certainly a difference between it, and the stuff we get in Canada, which is made in Germany.

Ended up replacing it with Spaten (made in Germany) as I didn't like it as much as what we get up here
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
So, being in the US until yesterday, I bought some Beck's (made in USA, not made in Germany) and there is certainly a difference between it, and the stuff we get in Canada, which is made in Germany.

Ended up replacing it with Spaten (made in Germany) as I didn't like it as much as what we get up here
frown.gif

The blue in Detroit is way different than Ontario blue,which is different than the blue here in the west.
Funny that Canadian tastes the same everywhere though

Originally Posted By: Trav
Overkill you need to try this if you ever come accross it. I drank quite a bit of the English beer while i was in Helsinki, its bit of a rough customer but in a nice sort of way.

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/spitfire-ale/the-beer.aspx

Apparently it is supposed to be available at the LCBO... where I buy BECK'S, so I will check the next time I am there. Which will be soon, since I'm on my 2nd last can
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
Overkill you need to try this if you ever come accross it. I drank quite a bit of the English beer while i was in Helsinki, its bit of a rough customer but in a nice sort of way.

http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/spitfire-ale/the-beer.aspx

OK, I AM able to get it through the LCBO, so I've got a case of it coming
smile.gif

Also, tonight, I picked up a few beers I wanted to try:

4x Bitburger
4x Lancaster Bomber
4x Wernesgruner

I'm about to sample the Lancaster Bomber right now
smile.gif

4x Bitburger

Which one? I've tried their Premium Pils a while back and thought it was a pretty good pilsner.

Having some Stella right now...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

4x Bitburger

Which one? I've tried their Premium Pils a while back and thought it was a pretty good pilsner.

Having some Stella right now...

That's the one
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back