Need to change atf 2005 kia spectra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of atf could i use,for a couple
of drain and fills.2005 kia spectra 85k.
It never has been changed.

thanks Dav

Redline D4 ATF

Do a drain and fill now
Do a drain and fill at your next oil change
Do a drain and fill at your next oil change after that^

At that point, all the oil fluid should be out. Then just do 1 drain and fill every 30k/3yr.

It should be 3-4 quarts of fluid replaced every drain and fill

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Redline D4 ATF

Do a drain and fill now

At that point, all the oil fluid should be out. Then just do 1 drain and fill every 30k/3yr.

On an '05 Kia Spectra?

NAPA sells Eneos SP. Replacement for factory SPIII and it's only $4.99 a quart. I bought a case for my Elantra and plan to change the ATF at the next oil change. As far as I know this is the only single spec aftermarket fluid available. Several opinions are out there but I personally am not a huge fan of universal type transmission fluids.

I'm using castrol import multi vehicle in my 2000 mitsubishi eclipse which also specs for SPIII fluid. Everything is working fine with castrol IMV. It is a good replacement for SPII or SPIII

The name brand ATFs that meet more than one spec are fine, I use Amsoil ATF. They have a few different ones. So do some other companies like Mobil 1 and Redline. What you do not want is someone to add generic ATF and a special magic potion to make it the exact ATF your car needs.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Redline D4 ATF

Do a drain and fill now

On an '05 Kia Spectra?

What about an 05 Kia Spectra?

castrol transmax multi-vehicle import is great stuff, but you can't beat a flush and fill service with BG 3123 ATF.

Valvoline Maxlife ATF , full synthetic American made product available for $15.99 / gallon at your nearest walmart or autozone.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Redline D4 ATF

Do a drain and fill now

On an '05 Kia Spectra?

What about an 05 Kia Spectra?
Just reads like over maintenance with expensive fluid - but I suppose better than having a AT die early. I usually own MT trans so ... ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back