Any cheaper than dirt promo codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg1

$17 to ship a $22 item??? really???

If anyone has a promo code, well many thanks!

take care.

Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I just typed in cheaperthandirt discount coupons and several came up.

If you're ordering ammo, the charge is typical.

I've found that type in any manf + discount coupons/codes and "stuff" comes up. It is finding the code that works that is time intensive. I rarely ever buy at CTD, so I'm not on a mailing list etc. I was hoping that someone here had something.

However, thanks for the help/suggestion!

take care.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Samuraidog
Sorry if I'm confusing things even further, but I think the OP is referring to cheaperthandirt.com

that makes sense. sorry if I jumped the gun lol. looks like we have others who were on the correct line of thinking here helping the OP out.

No problem. I find that the shipping on a lot of these websites kills the deal altogether. Unfortunately, good deals on ammo are hard to find these days.

Originally Posted By: matrass
Sorry if I'm confusing things even further, but I think the OP is referring to cheaperthandirt.com

that makes sense. sorry if I jumped the gun lol. looks like we have others who were on the correct line of thinking here helping the OP out.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
They have really raised their prices recently.

MidwayUSA is much better.

If MidwayUSA actually has anything left in stock...

Yep. With the demand that's going on right now... they're going to bone customers on the prices... and then bone them again on the shipping. I know of ONE place that will charge a flat $9.00 rate to ship any amount of ammo. That's a bargain anymore.

I paid $11 to get a 15 round magazine that weighed a few ounces shipped from Louisiana to Illinois via UPS Ground. But guess what, I paid it... because they had it, and I wanted it bad enough.

When a PMAG is listed for $100... I find the name "Cheaper then Dirt" disingenuous at best...

And I have been buying from Midway USA as a result.

Cheaper than dirt is getting a lot of bad word of mouth on some of the other boards I frequent regarding the handling of their business during the last 3 months. Personally, I won't be buying anything from them.

Many gun owners are boycotting CDT because of there reaction last December of discontinuing firearm sales until things settled down a little. Kneejerk politically correct reaction. They also raised prices astronomically because they thought they could get away with it.

Midway is out of everything but is a rock solid nongouging company.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bradepb
Many gun owners are boycotting CDT because of there reaction last December of discontinuing firearm sales until things settled down a little. Kneejerk politically correct reaction. They also raised prices astronomically because they thought they could get away with it.

Midway is out of everything but is a rock solid nongouging company.

That's the truth!

You are 100% correct, shipping can really make the great deal not so great. if somebody charges a flat rate then you can load up and save a few bucks. nice that we have the forum to discuss and share info on saving some money.

No problem. I find that the shipping on a lot of these websites kills the deal altogether. Unfortunately, good deals on ammo are hard to find these days.

Originally Posted By: matrass

Cheapr Than Dirt- only if your dirt is mighty expen$ive. And since I'm in TX, I get to pay tax too! No, thanks. BTW- CTD shipping has always been $$$.

I recently placed an order for a chronograph(on sale), plus other stuff, from Midway. No tak$, & shipping on $150+ mdse was ~$10.
thumbsup2.gif

When the frenzy was going on earlier this year, CTD was selling everything at greatly increased prices, e.g. Magpul mags for about $80, Glock mags for nearly $100.

Midway continued selling things for a normal price (same magpuls for $13, Glock mags for closer to $25) on a first come, first served basis.

I will never, ever, spend a single dollar of mine at CTD in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back