People in the Northeast - snow blower ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the chance to give the new to me 36" Airens snow blower a workout. Think I will get an extra 5 gallons of gas.

Wind gusts to 40 MPH so power outages may be an issue.

One local news radio station rates storms on how many gallons of milk people buy ahead. With this being a blizzard, they rated it a "3 gallons of milk storm".

Light snow has just started.

Last edited:
I have to go buy gas for mine before it gets bad. Line was way too long yesterday.

Also need to run for beer
smile.gif

563192_10151443871819846_1886796556_n.jpg

The Nor'Easter is hitting Boston. I live in Syracuse, NY. There's a few hundred miles there.

I'm thinking a dusting or maybe 2 inches of snow, if anything at all.

Last edited:
Genny gas'd, blower gas'd, extra fuel, diesel, plenty of free firewood ( I guess one good thing about the tornado), and plenty of wine.

Bring it on.

Don't push it. I had an Airens, the brass shear pins kept snapping. 15 years later, my $500 MTD yard machine track drive is still the king of the neighborhood. Constantly bailing out the expensive blowers, especially craftsman. Its something about the auger chute height. The blowers that constantly clog are wider, shorter. But I also spray my auger with something slippery like tire shine hehe. Also snow blowers like a splash of marvel mystery oil in the gas.

IMG_sb1_zps83a0046b.jpg

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I'm bummed that here in Central PA we're going to mostly miss out. I want a big snowstorm - we have not had one in a while and I love the snow.

Stay safe everyone.

I hope you like your Ariens as much as I like mine! It's my favorite thing about winter, along with my Redfeather snowshoes!

Also, this thread has inspired me to start a "What's your smowblower, and what's in it for oil thread" in the small engine section!

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Call me crazy but I'm bummed that here in Central PA we're going to mostly miss out. I want a big snowstorm - we have not had one in a while and I love the snow.

Stay safe everyone.

I want a big snowstorm, one that I'll need my Jeep for. However, it has to wait until next year.

My jeep is currently 2wd, has 2 flat tires and no brakes. Not the most useful thing.

The tire shine is a good idea! People keep giving me that junk for Xmas but I never use it because it dries out the rubber. I ground down my chute with an angle grinder and cup brush then sprayed it with cheapo walmart spray paint. This will be a good test of the durability of their bottom shelf product.
wink.gif

I have a Monkey Wards blower I just repowered and have never tried out. Also "Clarence kitted" my Toro and otherwise tuned it up. We had no fresh snow so I chucked some ice balls into it while it was running and it threw 'em about 30 feet. Looks promising.

Well the storm was going miss us by 60 miles, now were going to get 12"-18" of snow. LOL I was a little concerned that the snow blower might give me a hard time since I stored it with Stabil and MMO 2 seasons ago, last year we got no snow and I didn't run it. After 3 tries with the electric starter I drained the gas, filled it with fresh gas, and gave it a shot of Carb cleaner, she started and ran like a champ. All flashlight batteries are charged up, extra firewood is by the house, cell phones charged, vehicles are ready, gas, food, water, beer, vodka, etc. I guess were're as ready as we're going to be. Bring it on!

I never thought about it, but I'm going to spray my blower with the tire shine stuff. Like you guys said, I get it for XMas and never use it. This will be a great test.

I have the ATV's ready for some driveway fun too, but if we get 24+ (likely), then the only thing I'll be playing with in the yard is my Jeep.

X2 on staying safe everyone.

I'll be working overtime all weekend, trying to keep everyone's lights on. At least I'll have heat, electricity, and all the free (cold) pizza I can eat. My mom will be left home alone and will use the snowblower herself.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
We like the exercise of shoveling.

LOL I like that kind of exercise once too. Now if I want exercise I'll go to the gym or Jitsu school. I'll let the snow blower get the exercise moving the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back