peak motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month I grabbed a jug of it in 5w30 with a puro filter for yeah $17.99. Went in friends camry and I sent in the $5coupon on the jug for rebate. Havent got it yet. Good oil all in all, made by WPP I believe.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Advance had a special last summer; 5.1 qt jug and filter for $9.99; sitting on 40.8 qts right now....

Wow. Thats a pretty good deal. I guess your set on oil for a couple years

There have been some really killer deals on Peak oil in recent years. The True Value deal comes to mind - I think after rebate and discounts of ordering and picking up in store it was like $0.25/qt.

The Peak Synthetic was $1.95 at Advance Auto about a year ago clearanced out.

Did not really care for the Synthetic in our Prius (noisy), and never tried the conventional, but there are deals-a-plenty for almost nothing if you wait for them.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
There have been some really killer deals on Peak oil in recent years. The True Value deal comes to mind - I think after rebate and discounts of ordering and picking up in store it was like $0.25/qt.

Did not really care for the Synthetic in our Prius (noisy), and never tried the conventional, but there are deals-a-plenty for almost nothing if you wait for them.

I jumped on a Pep Boys synthetic deal for a Silverado 5.3 and had the same "noisy" experience. About the only oil it didn't like.

On the other hand, I'm running Peak Conventional from the Tru-Value deal right now in an Explorer 4.0 and I very satisfied at about 2000 miles in.

Dang you guys make me sick with all these awesome deals! Must be awesome to do an oil change for $2.50!!!!

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Dang you guys make me sick with all these awesome deals! Must be awesome to do an oil change for $2.50!!!!

Agreed...I am now waiting for the Synthetic deals and not buy M1 from walmart at reg price anymore.

My last Mobil-1 5W30 oil change cost me $6.00 for the oil & 3.47 for the filter.. (k-mart score)

I bought a few jugs for ~$8 each on Clearance.

This is part of my stash for any future emergencies or "Mad Max" times...
thumbsup2.gif

will always pick it up cheap when i have the chance, the 2011 or 2010 pep boys rebate was very good.

Honestly though. Buy Super Tech as it is the exact same thing. 5 Qt jug is $12.97. They sell it in quarts for $2.59 each. Same Warren product, same blue bottle, different label!

My Subaru likes the Peak Syn that's in there now. It's nice and quiet, something only SynPower was able to do previously. I'll certainly buy more if I see another deal on it.

PEAK Synthetic 5w30 in my Santa Fe Sport Turbo right now as well. Nice and quiet so far, no complaints. Jug was $18.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/January2012A/January2012R2/Peak.htm

This looks like a great oil for the price. I think I saw an oil change deal for like 16 bucks.
What do you guys think about it? The add pack is not bad and it has a nice tbn for a dino.

electrolover,

I have no personal experience with PEAK oil but I do admit like the others it's a good oil for the price! Since I have two GM cars there oil including the synthetic is DEXOS rated so that's most pleasing too me for future usage. In both my Impala SS and Camaro I will use the 5w-30 weight versions.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back