auto sound: 6.5 vs 6x9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a FYI while this is in my memory

Tang Band has nice 6.5 subs...
As did Mpyre Audio (Adire Extremis)

JH I had an 83 mb 240D and I built an awesome system in it. I had 5 1/4 ADS separates installed up front in kick panels. They would produce a lot of bass on their own. Then I had 2 12's in a box in the trunk that was ported to a fequency around 40htz and I took out the first aid kit and just made a speaker mesh to go over it. I had two amps and an eq. When I sold the car I took everything out and the entire car was returned to stock. Nobody could tell anything was done. It sounded great. Also had to have dynamat installed on the interior trunk lid.

Well I don't think I need anything that complex... But what did you do in the stock front and rear locations???

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Well I don't think I need anything that complex... But what did you do in the stock front and rear locations???

Seriously, if you're not going to go nuts just replace the factory stuff with a quality aftermarket speaker. Watch the power ratings and stay away from the 1000 watt stuff and you can probably get what you want without a sub.

That really is the general idea. Not too crazy, just add an amp and some upgraded speakers that arent 30 year old paper.

If I determine the need for a sub later (doubtful), Ill consider it.

Just need to make the right choices for the main components at this point, and then find the time to install.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
That really is the general idea. Not too crazy, just add an amp and some upgraded speakers that arent 30 year old paper.

If I determine the need for a sub later (doubtful), Ill consider it.

Just need to make the right choices for the main components at this point, and then find the time to install.

To answer your first question....I did not do anything with the front and rear speakers, for audio two speakers up front is all that is needed. I took this stuff out of a vehicle that won a SQ competition. So i got most of it used. It will be almost impossible to get good sound out of the front speakers with their location. There is no space behind them on the dash so you really cant get good sound. The rear you probably can get decent sound but like I said you do not need sound from the rear to sound good and I like a balanced sound. So if you put good stuff in stock locations the rear will be louder unless you fade the sound. Its really not bad. I paid 300 to have the custom kick panels made. Any questions you have please feel free to ask. I loved this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back