Hyundai Fuel Additive Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slowly taking over the maintenance on my wife and I's new car, 2013 Elantra. I was looking at the services and one of them is "add fuel additive". From researching, this just sounds like a basic fuel additive they add every 7500 miles.

If anyone knows which one the dealership uses, then that'd be great. I use to use Gumout Regane in my older car and that still seems to be a pretty solid one, along with the All In One. I also read about Redline and FP+, though not sure how I feel about adding it at every fill up since I get lazy at times and know my wife won't bother doing it. I'm just open to suggestions on which one I should or could be using for a new Elantra, which I believe is a GDI motor. Thanks in advice.

Vince

PS - I will shoot for using more top tier gas when I can. I'm just cheap! haha Mainly go for Costco gas to save some money.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses and finding the product. I couldn't find it in my searches. I figured it was a re-branded product and from what I found online, someone paid $16 for it and I wasn't going to do that...way too much!

Glad to see Regaine is still looked at as a good product. I am curious about trying the Redline product too. Decisions but at least I have options and can switch them up from. I'll shoot for the 10k mark, makes remembering to put it in easier.

Thanks a bunch, love this site so far.

Originally Posted By: Ruby2013Elantra
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses and finding the product. I couldn't find it in my searches. I figured it was a re-branded product and from what I found online, someone paid $16 for it and I wasn't going to do that...way too much!

Glad to see Regaine is still looked at as a good product. I am curious about trying the Redline product too. Decisions but at least I have options and can switch them up from. I'll shoot for the 10k mark, makes remembering to put it in easier.

Thanks a bunch, love this site so far.

I use Redline in everything i can except oil. Why not oil? Cause sh!ts expensive. For example my cooling system is straight Water Wetter. No water or coolant. Im totally kidding.

But i do use Redline products in my Accord. Not my Civic. Why not Civic? Cause Sh!ts expensive.

Originally Posted By: Oldasco
Hyundai recommends their own brand which I'm pretty sure is just Techron Cleaner rebranded with Hyundai name.

http://dcs.hyundaidealer.com/files/news/2010/fuelcleaner.pdf

If a manufacturer recommends a particular additive because of some design defect or poor fuel quality, use only that product, because it will have been made to their exact specs. Even if you know who made it, there might not be an equivalent product.

Originally Posted By: skyship
Hyundai recommends their own brand which I'm pretty sure is just Techron Cleaner rebranded with Hyundai name.

If a manufacturer recommends a particular additive because of some design defect or poor fuel quality, use only that product, because it will have been made to their exact specs. Even if you know who made it, there might not be an equivalent product.

In the case of the two specific items under discussion, you can be absolutely assured that the two are identical, i.e. purchase the less expensive product.

Doesn't the 2013 Elantra engine use GDI?

If so, a fuel system cleaner may help keep the injectors clean, but it won't touch carbon build-up on the intake valves.

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
Doesn't the 2013 Elantra engine use GDI?

If so, a fuel system cleaner may help keep the injectors clean, but it won't touch carbon build-up on the intake valves.

I don't think so.

Originally Posted By: skyship

Do you post here to see what kind of rise you can get out of people?

Or, you could use the name brand gas and skip the additives entirely. That stuff has a high mark up. If you could get access to PEA under the no-nonsense true chemical name for a commodity price, it might be different.

I wonder how many Hyundai owners never use any fuel treatment because they don't maintain their car properly and use any type of gas that is cheapest and still have no problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back