How to disable alarm system on a 95 Explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title says,this alarm system on this truck has been a pain since day one and it's time for it to go.Anyone got any idea on disabling this alarm permanently?

Thanks!

There should be a switch at the bottom of the steering column that you van use to disable or at least most cars have an alarm system that has one.

If OEM, you can disconnect the REM (remote entry module), but you will also lose function of the keyless remote and keypad on the driver's door. The REM is located in the rear quarter panel behind the plastic panel in the trunk, where the jack is. It's a gray box with the door keypad code printed on a label. To my knowledge, the only way to totally disable the factory alarm would be to disconnect the REM.

What's the alarm doing though? Sometimes the switch that triggers the alarm if the hood is lifted can act up. It's a little black "button" on the radiator support.

If aftermarket, you need to figure out the make & model of the alarm, find some installation instructions for it, then go about locating and disconnecting the parts.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
If OEM, you can disconnect the REM (remote entry module), but you will also lose function of the keyless remote and keypad on the driver's door. The REM is located in the rear quarter panel behind the plastic panel in the trunk, where the jack is. It's a gray box with the door keypad code printed on a label. To my knowledge, the only way to totally disable the factory alarm would be to disconnect the REM.

What's the alarm doing though? Sometimes the switch that triggers the alarm if the hood is lifted can act up. It's a little black "button" on the radiator support.

If aftermarket, you need to figure out the make & model of the alarm, find some installation instructions for it, then go about locating and disconnecting the parts.

It's oem. We already removed the siren part of the alarm from underneath the hood.The only thing left is,to disable the alarm so while driving down the road,the lights will stop flashing,yeah it needs to stop.

I'll check out the black button,where about is it located?

Thanks!

If I remember right, it is on the radiator support (or in front of it) in the front of the engine compartment. I think driver's side. The hood contacts it when closed so that the alarm knows it is shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back