ACDelco DuraStop Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these identical to the Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors? I remember reading somewhere that ACDelco's Durastop line-up is reboxed Raybestos Advanced Tech or PG.

For the application (2006 Kia Sedona), Amazon is only charging $38/rotor shipped - which is about 1/3 less than my usual choice of Centric Premium 120 series. Price is a major consideration this time, so I am trying to reduce costs without sacrificing quality.

I am not considering economy rotors (i.e. Centric C-TEK) since they tend to have more than the maximum allowable runout of 0.002".

Thanks.

ACDelco Durastop rotors and pads are the made by the same supplier as Raybestos. ACDelco Durastop pads (and rotors) are D3EA tested and the pads are usually a different formulation from Raybestos' version of pads. So the pads maybe be different but the AT and Durastop rotors are probably similar. Both AT and Durastop are generally good quality, but ACDelco may require tighter standards.

The Raybestos Advanced Technology has a coating to prevent rust applied around the hub area. So if the Durastops have that coating they may be the same.

I just bought my AT rotors and pads from Rockauto as the prices are hard to beat.

I shopped for a complete set of pads and rotors for my KIA last fall. As far as I could tell, ACDelco and Raybestos come from the same source. I think Napa were also the same/similar, if memory serves.

I've also priced brakes and rotors for the Outlook. ACD rotors are cheaper than Raybestos, but Raybestos pads are cheaper than ACD. You may find its economical to mix and match.

The prices on the parts were cheaper at Rock Auto, but after shipping, Amazon became more cost effective. Just be sure to order at least a week in advance. My order was 2 wiper blades, 2 sets of brake pads, 4 rotors and 2 sway bar end links, and it shipped in 5 separate packages, over the course of 8 days. Wipers and pads were in box. A single rotor was shipped on its own. Two rotors and one of the sway bar links was in another box. Ect... At least shipping was free.

I don't think the DuraStop is the same as the AT. It may be comparable to the PG but as you probably know there are significant differences between the 2 Raybestos product lines. I don't believe the DuraStop has the powder coated or painted hub area. Also it is the "mid-grade" AC Delco product, just as the PG is the middle of the Raybestos product line. Interesting that AC Delco does not show specs on their web site...at least I could not find them.

Last edited:
I know this is an ancient thread, but I just bought some durastop rotors for my STS and they are identical to the advanced technology rotors. They have the powder coated hub area, and were only $52 a piece on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back