5.4 with varnish build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just cut open the filter from the synpower run and it was strong. same part from same box bought on same day ran with out kreen. i think the kreen really does weaken the glue on the mc end caps.

maybe it wont effect other brands like this?? next time ill try it with a wix and see what happens (if i ever need it again)

upon the filter inspection there was nothing in the can or pleats. i think this engine is as clean as its going to get.

nothin wrong with synpower. it has a healthy level of detergents. as for quiet, i didnt notice that but the maxlife stopped my cold start rattle all together. probably just because its thicker. anyway its had about 20k of cleaning and the filters are not showing anything anymore, heck the last run of kreen wasnt extremely fruitful either so, like i said i think its about as clean as its going to get. looking at my stash i think i got one more fill of napa syn and then its going to be on dino for a long while.

20130112_231141.jpg

20130112_231207.jpg

So I guess a year and a half later after a few short ocis (I dont even remember the brands but mostly synthetic) and a couple more pints of MMO here it is. I honesty dont think its ever gonna look good in the fill hole. But its running good. No rattles or anything. Ill post an old pic for reference but they were done with two different camerasand I never could get the angle right like in the first.

022.jpg

023.jpg

Originally Posted By: buster
Mobil 1 High Mileage.

Good answer, but you should clean the sump and oil pump filter screen first if it looks bad and keep the OCI real short. Obviously reading the engine manual and doing a full top and bottom clean is the way to go, but if you can't afford to do that then just doing the pump screen might have to suffice.

If and when I replace the timing chain I will post more pics of the internals. I have had it for 30k and its never had a drop in oil pressure.

Its amazing that it still runs after all the miles I have put on it with additives in the oil.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: skyship
Mobil 1 High Mileage.

Good answer, but you should clean the sump and oil pump filter screen first if it looks bad and keep the OCI real short. Obviously reading the engine manual and doing a full top and bottom clean is the way to go, but if you can't afford to do that then just doing the pump screen might have to suffice.

Your always talking this trash! Why this fear mongering? He said he has run addivives in it already and nothing happened.
Ever take the sump off a 5.4? Till you do i would think twice about advising that. Some of them can be a real nightmare inc removing front diff on 4x4 and cross members that are sometimes welded in depending on the year/model.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Mobil 1 High Mileage.

Your always talking this trash! Why this fear mongering? He said he has run addivives in it already and nothing happened.
Ever take the sump off a 5.4? Till you do i would think twice about advising that. Some of them can be a real nightmare inc removing front diff on 4x4 and cross members that are sometimes welded in depending on the year/model.

Ewww hope I never have to pull the pan. If it starts leaking im taking it to you trav!!!!
lol.gif

JUST IGNORE THE TROLL. ITS WHAT I DO....

Originally Posted By: Trav
Mobil 1 High Mileage.

Yep. Sunkships incessant posting about additives yet this poster ran a bunch of them,for over a year straight and not only did it dissolve the deposits but the varnish is noticeably a lighter shade,which suggests layers of it have been removed.
I don't know why sunkship bothers posting anymore. He has no credibility and most have him on ignore,as do I.
But it's certainly entertaining reading his lies and back pedalling,talking from both sides of his mouth. Funny actually. Amusing.
Like a clown.
Op. looks like your efforts we not in vain. Run an oil such as red line like overkill suggested or PU and see if you can get it any cleaner with just oil. Worst case scenario is you add mmo again.
Looks good.
Ignore the troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back