K&N Pro Series Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Maybe this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find any threads about it.)

I was poking around K&N's site this morning and noticed their K&N Pro Series Oil Filters which are new to me. What do we know about them? They look to be a bit less expensive than their HP line of filters. I notice that the label on them says "The #1 filter in NASCAR." Any relation to NAPA's NASCAR Select Filters?

I am curouis myself.....
I switched from K&N to P1's a few years back based simply on price, but that pro series filter is dirt cheap, no hex nut on the canister but oh well !

#1 filter in nascar.......Wix thinks the same thing. Funny thing is Nascar engines don't use spinon filters. They use an inline system. On My FB page I heckel Wix about it all the time and they just ignore me because they know it's true.

The petersen 400 inline oil filter is the #1 filter in nascar
grin.gif

Marketing marketing marketing

You can be a NASCAR approved supplier or brand just by buying into NASCAR.For a few million dollars you can be the approved supplier (brand) of nearly anything.BWD Automotive is the approved electrical supplier,EXIDE is the approved battery,WIX is the approved filter,BWD Brute is the clutch line...yet none of these lines are actually used on the racecars.Its whoever gets there first and spends the most money.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
WIX is the approved filter

So, if WIX is the official NASCAR filter (from a marketing perspective), does that mean there's a relation between WIX filters and the K&N Pro Series filters? Do we know if they are being supplied to K&N by WIX?

Best price I see for the K&N Pro Series (i.e. the PS-1010 which my vehicles use) is on Amazon and would come out to be about $6/filter (shipping included) if I ordered $10.

C,

I think you are better off just spending the extra cash on the HP series and you will have a better filter. Nothing that impressive with the PS series. It is like an AC Delco filter (non e-core) for our app. (you and I use the oversize.)

It takes 2-4 weeks for delivery!

Yeah, I still have have a stash of 7 filters (i.e. 3 DENSO, 3 Bosch Premium, and 1 PureONE), so I'm not looking to buy anything yet. I just saw the K&N PS earlier and was intrigued because they were new to me. It would be interesting to see one cut open.

Funny, I use to keep a stash of filters, but I only use two or three per year per car. I like to change brands for some reason; K & N, Wix and Mobil 1 mostly. Plan to try a Purolator Gold next time around.

Originally Posted By: BGK
Plan to try a Purolator Gold next time around.

Purolator Gold? Are you talking about the PureONE which has a textured gold/yellow can?

Originally Posted By: BGK
Yes-the gold textured can. Sorry if I got the name wrong

"Puke Yellow" PureOne might be a good name for that color they are now using.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back