winshield wipers skip across windshield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new to me 1995 Intrepid. Same thing, lots of wiper chattering. I put in a used windshield when I got the car, maybe it was contaminated and needed cleaning. I thought being rained on would clean it enough. I forget if I put new wiper blades on but I thought the wiper blades were good, or good enough.

Getting home after suffering a long drive of annoying wipers, I realized that both wiper arms had very little spring pressure and were not holding the blades very tightly to the glass. All of my other cars always had stronger spring pressure.

I think I put on some aftermarket helper springs to put more pressure on the arms to hold the blades tighter to the glass. Everything was perfect after that.

Originally Posted By: Falken
I haven't seen BonAmi since I was a kid in grade school.

Maybe Stoner Invisible Glass (it is for cars) would work well? I use it all the time on the inside of the car but it seems pretty mild.

Invisible Glass is about your best bet in Canada. It's readily available and can usually be had at a decent price, and is regularly on sale at CT. Personally, I've found it's taken off crud that was left behind by other cleaners.

Try this. Wash your car like normal, and then take a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to the windows. You'll probably be amazed at how much stuff it gets off the "clean" windshield. As far as I can tell, the melamine foam cannot harm glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back