Militec-1 in car or truck engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ever conducted any long term tests using Militec-1 in a car or truck engine? If so, what were the results? The stuff seems to work for guns.

I use Militec-1 in my car. But I don't have a baseline to compare it to. I've been using it since 3000 miles. I have an Element with the 2.4L engine that is running great at 37K on Mobil 1 5W30. I guess that only time will tell. But I can't help but trust the guy that owns Militec. His support of the US troops is admirable. He has sent tons of Militec-1 free to the troops at their request. That earns some points in my book.

With some folks here this stuff is somewhat controversial. So far it has not been proven beyond shadow of doubt that it's 100% safe. However going on gut instincts, and knowledgeable vendor support, I decided to try it. My first candidate was the one year old Toro snow blower. The change in engine performance was significant enough for me to send away for one gallon. This stuff is "expensive" so it pays to buy in bulk. As soon as my cars have completed their ARX the Militec solution with fresh oil is next.

I've been using Militec for the past 3 years in every piece of machinery I have. In the cars and trucks... 2oz per qt, then 2oz every second oil change. It's in my compressor oil, lawn mower, chipper, chain saws. Was visiting a friend in Vegas recently, she let me borrow her pickup while I was there to move some stuff. Before I gave it back I put 8oz of Militec in the oil and a pint of Marvel Mystery oil in the gas. Days later she called me and asked "What did I do to her truck?" I guess that eliminates the placebo effect....

As far as long term testing I have nothing scientific to add here but there have been a few personal experiences that I deemed positive in results.

My neighbor's 100K miles 4cyl. Ranger truck, complete with the standard screaming power steering pump, was so loud it would actually wake me in the morning. He goes to work quite early.

At my suggestion he slurped out the rank fluid with a turkey baster and added new synthetic fluid. This was done three times over three weeks with zero results. I added 2oz. of Militec 1 to the fluid and the noisy pump was back to silence in three days driving. This was in November of '04 and it is still silent today.

The day I received the free sample of M1 the roller of our upright Kirby vacuum locked up solid causing the belt to smoke. Upon disassembly it was obvious that the entire assembly had served its 15 year duty and was due for replacement. On a whim I put a few drops of the product on each end of the assembly, turned it by hand and reinstalled using the same belt. I turned it on and it hesitated for a second or two then it began working as if nothing ever happened. That was months ago and the darn thing still works like a charm! Would WD40 have done the same? I can't say.

The lawn mower gained 300RPM (hand help pulse tachometer)at wide open throttle with the addition of 1oz. to the oil. It was warmed up by mowing the front yard, shut down, and the M1 added. I started mowing the back yard and halfway through I gained the additional RPM's.

As far as the car I cannot perceive any difference other than a very smooth idle. In all fairness the idle could also be attributed to the Fuel Power added to each tank.

There must be something about this product that works on items other than guns.

I forgot to add that I use M1 0W20 in the car and Volvo synthetic (Amsoil I believe, judging by the identically shaped bottles)) 30wt in the lawn mower.

quote:

Originally posted by CoosBayDave:
"What did I do to her truck?" I guess that eliminates the placebo effect....

I assume this was a good report
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hi Dave:

I am also running it everything I have that has an engine. I can`t say that I can give any positive results, nor any negative ones. I even use it in my Merc 150 outboard. It has oil injection, so I mixed some in a bottle with some gas and sprayed it into the carbs while idling at about 1,500 RPM. Smoked a lot. Now I add it to the oil before I put it into the tank. I gained about 200 RPM at WOT using it. I have been using it for about a year now with no noticable problems. I like the concept of it being a metal conditioner, not an oil additive.

Ok, after reading the post by WDP, What would be wrong in my Merc 150 aplication, it gets new oil and militec continually as it`s a two stroke. I`m thinking that if I were to get a lean cylinder for some odd reason, that it might just save my engine. Oh, I`m using the Amsoil HP injector oil.

Hasbeen, I also use it in my 2 stroke pre mix applications for the weed wacker, chain saw and the rest of the small yard engines with the Amsoil S2000 racing oil. Works well, low smoke and no port plugging. If you are using the oil injector system, you may want to see if the Militec comes out of suspension. Mix an small equal quanity oil/Militec in a clear container and let it sit undisturbed for a week or so. If it stays together, fine, you don't want to suck up only the Militec when you are running. If you are mixing, no problem.

WDP

I have actually done this, It stayed suspended all this past winter, so no problems there.

I have been on the phone with Alan several times, he`s a great guy to talk to and willing. I do my homework best I can before putting something into any of my engines. After seeing your post on you 4 liter, I like what I saw. I also have a 93 Ford Ranger 4X4 with the same engine, that I am running the Amsoil 3000 5W-30 and militec1 in also, it had 100,000 miles when I changed it to the synthetic and the militec1, I saved a sample of the oil when I changed it at 10,000 miles, but I havn`t sent it in yet.

quote:

Originally posted by Hasbeen:
I. I also have a 93 Ford Ranger 4X4 with the same engine, that I am running the Amsoil 3000 5W-30 and militec1 in also, it had 100,000 miles when I changed it to the synthetic and the militec1,

I also have been using a similar product with my series 2k and 3k amsoil in my toyota and diesel. It recently went retail and its new retail name is Xentx.

So far I haven't seen any detrimental effect in the oil analysis of many vehicles and I do not expect to.

I expect to have chassis dyno info and UOA on many cars over the next several months. I might even get some results from an 8 second street mustang. 700+ hp without nitrous and 1000+ with. Here it is doing a burnout.

http://www.adsaz.biz/performance.htm

I am seeing about 7% - 8% maximum gains in hp/tq on engine dynos for gasoline engines and also the same on chassis dyno output on OTR trucks that have been tested.

The maximum gains appear to be at the torque peak in initial testing. After more tests come in I will have a larger sampling.

[ March 09, 2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: wulimaster ]

On their webside they say it's chlorinated ester based, any other particular information about it? The chlorinated compounds are very effective, if they are made with stable formula then are safe to use right?

There have been warnings about continued use of Militec from members here, severe acid formation, TBN crash and metal scoring on high stress bearings. None of these problems have been noted with my vehicles. Many miles with Militec, good syns and great UOA's. The wife's new Explorer, 17,300 mi on Amsoil S2000, Militec, bypass showed a 6.83 TBN and low metal counts. I'm not bashing here, just look at the stats and make your choices. http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002345#000000 I came here to learn, thanks to all that help me keep it running.

WDP

quote:

Originally posted by WDP:
There have been warnings about continued use of Militec from members here, severe acid formation, TBN crash and metal scoring on high stress bearings.

I use Militec in all my vehicles also and have not noticed any of the above problems. Most of the Militec bashing that I have seen seems to come from people who have never used it, or don't really understand what it is. It's good stuff, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

quote:

There have been warnings about continued use of Militec from members here, severe acid formation, TBN crash and metal scoring on high stress bearings. None of these problems have been noted with my vehicles. Many miles with Militec, good syns and great UOA's. The wife's new Explorer, 17,300 mi on Amsoil S2000, Militec, bypass showed a 6.83 TBN and low metal counts. I'm not bashing here, just look at the stats and make your choices. http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002345#000000 I came here to learn, thanks to all that help me keep it running.

WDP

Ok..is it just me? When clicking the link above I get an entirely different thread that has nothing to do with Militec! I've had this happen quite alot lately...searching for STP in virgin oil analysis I get 2 hits but neither brings up a thread with anything to do with STP
dunno.gif

So again is it just me?

It always amazes me that when militec1 comes up and several of us show that we use it and it causes no problems and in fact works well, that it just slowly disapears onto the back shelves.
grin.gif
grin.gif

It is a great product, and I will always use it.
tongue.gif

quote:

WDP

Assuming that Militec CAN cause acid, did the bypass filter remove the acid then? Is it safe to use this product in a mechanical system as long as water is removed from this system?

quote:

Originally posted by Vstrom:

quote:

WDP

Ok..is it just me? When clicking the link above I get an entirely different thread that has nothing to do with Militec! I've had this happen quite alot lately...searching for STP in virgin oil analysis I get 2 hits but neither brings up a thread with anything to do with STP
dunno.gif

So again is it just me?

It is just you, the link takes you to his oil analysis that he used Militec. Yes he should have mentioned that when he posted the analysis, so it did not confuse anyone.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back