What about a Jacobsen 626 snowblower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking of buying an old snowblower but I don't know anything about this brand. It says Jacobsen Imperial 626. You guys know what engine is on this one and any other info that can be useful. Spare parts, actual make etc??
Oilwise, since it is not so cold here this winter I'm considering a 5w30 doing a few short ocis just to wash out any old gunk from its long life before bitog.

upon doing a search there are a few posts about people trying to find parts which some seem to be available while others are not... http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=kubota&msg=3009

The thing about older snow blowers is that the technology has change a bit over time. While an older snow-blower may indeed function, it may not be all that efficiently designed with augers, blower and chute design for best operation with slushy or hard packed snow conditions.

I had a fully functional 1975 Bolens snowblower 626 (much of the same vintage and construction of the Jacobsen) that did a decent enough job, however its blower, auger and chute design had flaws that were evident. Then I moved to a 1985 Honda HS55 blower and couldn't believe how 10 years newer changed in snow moving efficiency and ability. It throws farther and faster despite having a 1hp sized smaller engine and smaller path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back