X-1R Engine Treatment Racing Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.x1r.com/msds/EngTreat-US.MS.pdf

Check it out, chlorinated parrafins and misc esters....anyone with a degree in Chemistry explain to us retards what that means for us in an internal combustion engine?

How about a Wankel Rotary? Pettit Racing has plugged this stuff for years to aide in reducing bearing and stationary gear wear in the rotaries. I had tried it once (gasp!) in my old '85 12A carburetted rotary...it didn't explode (right away, hehe), but that doesn't mean that its "good".

-JamesW

It is probaly a chlorinated parrafin or teflon. If you are interested in an engine treatment, the Schaeffer's #132 EP is your best choice.

Search using "#132" in this section

The problem with products containing chlorinated hydrocarbons is stated clearly in their own MSDS: Protect against decomposition products of hydrogen chloride and oxides of carbon.

These products decompose in the combustion process and form hydrogen chloride . The HCl directly or in combination with water (Hydrochloric Acid) dissolves your engine.

Ed

They sell also a treatment called "racing formula" that should be different than the "engine treatment concentrate" and thay say it has no chlorine, I was just wondering what could be the main ingredient.

Ps: thanks for the .pdf Solo2driver it's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back