Best fuel system /fuel injector cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
dave explained to me that if you use maint. doses you would never have to use a whole bottle

Is the bottle infinitely large or do the maintenance doses decrease continually to zero? Sorry, couldn't resist.
wink.gif

Quote:
wouldn't that be more expensive route rather than getting one bottle and use it every 3k miles/5k km?

If your car gets 30mpg its the same. 1 bottle treats 100 gallons.

Originally Posted By: Garak
dave explained to me that if you use maint. doses you would never have to use a whole bottle

Is the bottle infinitely large or do the maintenance doses decrease continually to zero? Sorry, couldn't resist.
wink.gif

Each new dose is supposed to be half the previous dose.

garak,that was a good one!! ....lol...lol

Well, I was hoping I could make my stash last forever (a measly two bottle stash). Heck, the second bottle would never be opened.
wink.gif
Neither has been, mind you, since I found some Regane on a smoking deal. I'm saving the good stuff (RL) for a rainy day!

I only use Top Tier gas (Shell mostly, with some Chevron or Mobil). I know that such use does not negate the need for a separate fuel system cleaner as the Top Tier maximum intake valve deposit target at 100 hours/5,000 miles is 50 mg/valve, but does it mean that I should/could use them less frequently? I run about a 5,000-6,000 mile OCI, based on OLM input, and it would be easier to remember to do a treatment at oil change time than on another schedule.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back