Fleetrite Engine Oil Defoamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever tried Fleetrite Engine Oil Defoamer? It is by Navistar (P/N CH1824392) for Diesel engines.

In 1995 when my PSD was new, some oils would start foaming very bad at roughly 2300 miles and the HEUI injectors would not operate correctly. The engine would seem like it was missing, even though it was a diesel. The only solution was to add the anti-foaming agent from Navistar or change the oil. When CI oils came out it seems this problem was eliminated and I have not seen or heard of any need for using the anti-foaming additives.
To be fair the 15W40 oils that did not cause problems were Delo 400, Delvac 1300S, Schaeffers, Motorcraft, Delvac 5W40 and all synthetic 15W40 oils. There were others, but these are the ones I know personally that cured the problems and allowed 5K oil changes on any PSD that had problems in that era.

smile.gif

I seem to recall someone complaining of rough running xxx miles after an oil change in a diesel (Cummins I think). I couldn't for the life of me imagine what could be the cause.

That's one to tuck away for later reference ..although it might be a moot point now with the better oils available.

Originally Posted By: chuckhahn
Dave... I dont see a "add to cart" option under it though

Odd. I didn't notice that, sorry. Write to the [email protected], the site operator, and ask. Maybe he no longer has the product... but he still might know where you can buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back