Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught that too. What a tragedy.

I tried to find more info, but, it's too soon to tell what really happened. One report indicated that it was a 24yr old male, got fired. Another said two shooters, one said assualt weapon while another said he used a Glock and a Sig... Not that it matters. [censored] isn't hot enough for him.

I feel so bad for those kids and families. It literally brought tears to my eyes watching it. I wanted to run home and hug my kids.

What is the world coming to?

620823_435835756482976_171966686_o.jpg

frown.gif

Say what you want about gun control, but the current plan is NOT working.

Try telling "guns do not kill people, people do" to one of the parents of the 18 children who were killed.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
The shooter, identified as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, lived in Hoboken, N.J.

Prayers sent for those who died, or were hurt and their families.

If convicted I hope he gets the maximum sentence or death if its allowed. Even better, hopefully he kills himself and saves the tax payers a lot of money

Easy way is to blame guns. How about the fact the guy by the very act was completely insane? I certainly won't jump to any conclusions, but the question always hangs - why? See above perhaps.

Unbelievable. What sort of depraved lunacy could cause someone to gun down kindergarteners?

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
I feel so bad for those kids and families. It literally brought tears to my eyes watching it. I wanted to run home and hug my kids.

I feel the same way.

What a horrible holiday season for those families. Why cant these nutcases just kill themselves first instead of taking innocent people with them?

Originally Posted By: Donald

Try telling "guns do not kill people, people do" to one of the parents of the 18 children who were killed.

And there it is. Without knowing hardly any facts, the call goes out to restrict freedom.

Gun free zone = victim rich zone....over and over and over and over.....

Even if we could ban guns (like they do in China), we could never ban the senseless violence committed by disturbed individuals:

School attacks in China (2010–2011)

Quote:
A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 21 dead and some 90 injured. Analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kind of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents.

Another school attacked today in China.

Last edited:

Mexico has gun control. How's that working for them?

Gun Control is NOT the answer. We need to stop telling every kid how "special" they are from the day they are born. Every kid now gets a trophy, gets a ribbon, or some other award so the child doesn't have to feel bad for not winning.

Children need to be taught to be persistant, work hard, and never give up. Things don't come easy - work hard for what you want. Working hard and achieving want you want is the greatest reward in life.

For many of the kids who were coddled all their life, their message seems to say "I didn't get what I wanted or needed in life, so I'm going to take it out on everyone else."

Say a prayer for those families affected by this tragedy, and pray for the future of every child growing up in today's world.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
Plato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back