Mobil 1 vs. Super Synthetic - Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: theaveng
and I will be recommending it to my dad for his new Chevy wagon since he won't be willing to spend $8/quart for Mobil 1,

Do you live near a WalMart? M1 is about $5 a quart when purchased in the 5qt containers.

My father is anti-synthetic ever since he put RedLine transmission oil in his cycle & it started leaking. Ten years later he keeps telling me to stop using synthoil in my car.
BUT I think I could convince him to buy $3.90/quart SuperSyn if I say, "But dad, this is the only thing that passes Dexos... which is what your car needs." He'll complain about it and then buy the cheap stuff (not mobil 1).

Last edited:
My father is anti-synthetic ever since he put RedLine transmission oil in his cycle & it started leaking. Ten years later he keeps telling me to stop using synthoil in my car.
BUT I think I could convince him to buy $3.90/quart SuperSyn if I say, "But dad, this is the only thing that passes Dexos... which is what your car needs." He'll complain about it and then buy the cheap stuff (not mobil 1).

Valvoline maxlife is a synblend that according to the new pds meets DEXOS specs. It doesnt even say synblend on the label anymore even though it is. It can be used in new cars as well as it is API SN and resource conserving! Maybe you can get him to use that or pennzoil gold. Pennzoil gold is an option at walmart for about 4.56/qt, it meets DEXOS1 and is a synblend.

He's always preferred Pennzoil. I'll check it out. (later) I see that's a blend too..... would rather try to talk him into a true synthetic like Mobil Super.

Last edited:
He's always preferred Pennzoil. I'll check it out. (later) I see that's a blend too..... would rather try to talk him into a true synthetic like Mobil Super.

Careful. Some people will flame you on here about this as most full syns aren't actually true synthetic but group III instead. That does not mean they're inferior though.

Yeah I know, but would still rather have a Base III "fake" synethetic than a Base II natural/synthetic blend.

Technically, Group III is natural....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back