Liqui-moly motor oil saver and anti-friction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about adding both Liqui-moly motor oil saver and anti-friction additive. Vehicles are early 80s - carb'd- to mid 90s - fuel-injected.

The anti-friction additive is 50ml per quart of oil.

The motor oil saver is about the same (says 300ml is good for 3 to 4 litres.

Oil capacity in the vehicles ranges from 3.4 to 4.5 quarts. The question is, does adding both (say 650-750ish ml total, depending on which vehicle) dilute the oil enough to cause issues?

Or, does it compete with the oil or react negatively with it?

Reason for the motor oil saver is reduce oil burning and leaks. Reason for friction additive is just reduced engine wear.

Thanks.

Anti-Friction...

http://www.liqui-moly.us/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/us_2009.html?Opendocument&land=US

Motor oil saver...

http://www.liqui-moly.us/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/us_2020.html?Opendocument&land=US

Last edited:
Skyship is a big fan of Liqui Moly products.

Hopefully he might be along to help.

Only additive I have used with any regularity is ZX1.

Just ran the LiquiMoly MoS2 in the honda and it almost killed the engine. Had to drain 40 bucks of fresh EDGE 0w20 wTi. No, NO and NO.

Also:

NO.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Just ran the LiquiMoly MoS2 in the honda and it almost killed the engine. Had to drain 40 bucks of fresh EDGE 0w20 wTi. No, NO and NO.

Also:

NO.

How did it almost kill the engine?

It should be ok for manual trans and rear axle applications but I would rather just drain and fill them with the current spec factory recommended product, preferably synthetic.

Also:

NO.

I wanna hear this one too Arco.... how did that stuff almost "kill" and engine? we want details!

Originally Posted By: racin4ds

Also:

NO.

I wanna hear this one too Arco.... how did that stuff almost "kill" and engine? we want details!

Add me to the list.

35.gif

Looking forward to this explanation too.

My opinion - pretty sure it was more to do with the loose nut behind the steering wheel than a 300ml tin of LM MoS2 (which is frankly excellent stuff).

Originally Posted By: daman
I'm not going to loose my engine with Lubro moly MoS2 am i?
eek.gif

If you do let me know I'll stop using it.

Originally Posted By: RandomIn707
Thinking about adding both Liqui-moly motor oil saver and anti-friction additive. Vehicles are early 80s - carb'd- to mid 90s - fuel-injected.

The anti-friction additive is 50ml per quart of oil.

The motor oil saver is about the same (says 300ml is good for 3 to 4 litres.

Oil capacity in the vehicles ranges from 3.4 to 4.5 quarts. The question is, does adding both (say 650-750ish ml total, depending on which vehicle) dilute the oil enough to cause issues?

Or, does it compete with the oil or react negatively with it?

Reason for the motor oil saver is reduce oil burning and leaks. Reason for friction additive is just reduced engine wear.

Thanks.

Anti-Friction...

http://www.liqui-moly.us/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/us_2009.html?Opendocument&land=US

Motor oil saver...

http://www.liqui-moly.us/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/us_2020.html?Opendocument&land=US

LM are my local company and all their products are safe to use, but some are a waste of money. Adding some oil saver or stop leak will turn your oil into an HM oil.
Using any kind of anti wear additive is a waste of money if you are using a major brand good quality oil.

The Motor Oil Saver could possibly thicken your oil/raise the HTHSV and KV numbers, but only slightly since it is only 300 ml of volume to 3.5-4.5 quarts of oil.

But this stuff is THICK!!!

It makes VSOT, and the old, blue can STP seem like 0W-5 water!
crazy2.gif

I've used both in my Taurus. But not at the same time.

During the summer I used to run thickeners due to a leak on the timing chain cover. I really don't want to do that job, so I run something thicker. BTW, I only add about a 1/2 a bottle cause it is THICK.

I wouldn't run these in the Winter. Even in Texas, you can feel the difference starting on a cold morning.

If I were you if you wanted to add something do the Mos2. I don't see how it can hurt anything.

If you feel like going thicker for a high mileage engine try Maxlife or Mobil 1 High Mileage in the 5w40 flavor.

Once I am out of my additives, I'm not buying any more. They have gotten to expensive and it dosen't make any sense to me.
At one point in time, perhaps 2 years ago, MOS2 was about $4 a bottle.
Now MOS2 and Motor Oil Saver are about 7 dollars a can.

Doing the math. Take whatever your current price of the oil you are running (say $15 - $17), add the price of the additives ($7 - $14) and see what other better oils are out there in tat price range.

I can get all kinds of good stuff in that range ($22 - $31).

i have been using it in my honda for a few years now and it is awesome. Wonder what happened with Arcographite?

Also:

NO.

ARCO posted a peculiar story some time back that quickly went from "kinda sorta I think this happened" to "It's all MoS2's fault it totally clogged the filter and nearly killed my engine".

ARCO you claimed MoS2 completely clogged the filter, yet you never opened it or posted pics of it that I saw or heard of... pure speculation on your part till you pony up. You could have simply gotten a bad filter, without some investigation instead of speculation we will never know.

FYI I am standing by with a host of full OCI run filters used with a full application of MoS2 which I HAVE cut open, as well as some used before that without MoS2, I'll warn you now you won't be able to tell which ones are the Mos2 filters until I tell you.

Maybe you just need to get away from wimply little Hondas.
laugh.gif

Sorry, to the OP I highly recommend you e-mail and ask LMoly before using multiple products at once, I have found them highly responsive and thoughtful in the past.

Number engines killed by ARCO can be counted using only two hands! It is not as if he has habit of destroying engines.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Sorry, to the OP I highly recommend you e-mail and ask LMoly before using multiple products at once, I have found them highly responsive and thoughtful in the past.

+1 They are extremely helpful and straight forward. I'd be interested in what they have to say about stacking products.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Number engines killed by ARCO can be counted using only two hands! It is not as if he has habit of destroying engines.
Car ran fine after a week after dumping the fill with 1/3 a bottle of MoS2. Engine was extremely noisy and low on power. Engine vibrated as if the rings were stuck. MoS2 is not used by any leading manufacturer as an anti-wear/ anti-friction agent; and its use being backed off due to propensity for ring sticking given ILSAC GF5 strict piston deposit limits. They use soluble Moly dithiocarbamate or similar. Note on viscosity: Having colliodal suspension of solid particulate in a viscous fluid will thicken the oil, guys. Come on - basic lube 101 here.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Also:

NO.

ARCO posted a peculiar story some time back that quickly went from "kinda sorta I think this happened" to "It's all MoS2's fault it totally clogged the filter and nearly killed my engine".

ARCO you claimed MoS2 completely clogged the filter, yet you never opened it or posted pics of it that I saw or heard of... pure speculation on your part till you pony up. ...

So you can tell if a filter is clogged/restricted by looking at it? I would say: No you cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back