Castrol SLX LL03, 2010 Jetta TDI, 6934 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest UOA on my 2010 Jetta TDI. I shortened the run due to the last report not being where I wanted it to be, and not sure that the oil was collected properly from the dealer (last of free maintenance). This time I collected it while I changed the oil so I knew it would be done correctly. I was hoping to see a better report, and it looks like it may have worked by shortening the run. I replaced the Castrol SLX Pro LL03 with Amsoil Euro 5W30 to see how it does. Let me know what you think of the report, and all comments and opinions are greatly appreciated.

jettadec2012pb.jpg

Originally Posted By: Seventh
How long do you plan to run the Amsoil?

I plan on running the Amsoil for 10k miles to get an apples to apples comparison to the Castrol (VW recomended oil) since I have run it that long and have backed it down due to the results.

Originally Posted By: vwthingman
Here is my latest UOA on my 2010 Jetta TDI. I shortened the run due to the last report not being where I wanted it to be, and not sure that the oil was collected properly from the dealer (last of free maintenance). This time I collected it while I changed the oil so I knew it would be done correctly. I was hoping to see a better report, and it looks like it may have worked by shortening the run. I replaced the Castrol SLX Pro LL03 with Amsoil Euro 5W30 to see how it does. Let me know what you think of the report, and all comments and opinions are greatly appreciated.

jettadec2012pb.jpg

Obviously this engine is still in a break in phase, but the fuel contamination is odd, as it should be at zero for this engine type, unless you spend a lot of time in traffic etc. It would be interesting to see a UOA where a once a week high power blast for at least an hour down the highway was used to evapourate the fuel from the oil.

I just posted a UOA for my 2010 TDI here. I ran the Mobil 1 ESP 05w40 for 10k and received about the same results as you did with the Castrol. I am going to shorten the OCI to 7500 and see if the results improve.I am glad that you are trying the Amsoil as I was curious about their product. I will be following your results closely. Maybe together we can identify the best oil and OCI for our engines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back