Negative feel for Marvel Mystery Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
After using FP for 7,000 miles there is no question by fuel system is clean and responsive. So I decided to try one full tank with Marvel Mystery Oil at 4oz - 10 gls.

Hey it felt really smooth and I liked it. After 50 miles I tried starting the engine and felt like it wouldn't spark properly. A total 2-3 second delay like the spark wasn't like it should be. No MORE Marvel Mystery Oil...It might be a good UCL and cleaner but I don't trust that stuff.

I never had that problem with FP...

This is odd ..well ..not really..

THIS IS ODD
lol.gif

I just got done (again not really) with ONE QUART OF MMO and ONE HALF GALLON OF ATF in 20 gallons of gas. My Caravan starts "instantly" everytime. Now it DID leave a vapor trail until the stuff diluted in the tank ..which was 230 miles later.
grin.gif

Not one operational anomaly and only good effects.

mamala bay, you wouldnt be able to tell if the spark is peoperly working or misajusted.

also, mmo doesnt directly or indirectly effect spark ignition, so even if youre "spark" was off or not working properly, it wouldnt be mmo's fault reguardless.

Can't say if it was or not but plugs are only 15K which are the NGK iridium. I have never had no problem or felt anything like it. Will admit there has been a lot of rain and moisture, if water is the case, I don't know. Maybe MMO isn't as affective as FP as moisture goes in the fuel system.

For specific problems with their engines, BMW has poured MMO into the fuel tanks of their brand new cars. Your small dose did not cause anything you could 'feel'.

MMO good or bad, it's not the cause of our problem.

I have been using it for years at 8 oz per 10 gallons and have never seen any ill effects. I use it in cars boats jet ski's lawn mowers ect..
Gods Nectar

quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Pablo:
Adding oil to gasoline will effectively lower the octane rating said gasoline.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does that mean it increases cetane?

Not necessarily. Depends on the oil, but MM0 may increase cetane....dunno.

4oz to 10 gallons of fuel is not going to have any effect you notice. I used to add a quart of it to every other fuel up and never had a problem. I even went so far as to add two quarts of ATF to a 12 gallon tank for a couple of tanks of gas trying to foul the plugs and affect performance in a negative way. I was also trying to determine if their was anything to add lube back into the fuel. So while I would never recomend anyone add ATF to their fuel I could not negatively affect performance even with this extreme!

P.S. I even added two cycle oil to it. Still could not get the plugs to foul. Who knows what was developing on the pistons?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back