Nissan Matic D Automatic Transmission Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife's Sentra also calls for Matic-D. I've had Maxlife in for 30k and most recently changed out for Castrol Import. I think the Castrol has produced better shifts.

YMMV, but both have been working well for me.

Originally Posted By: csavko
The wife's Sentra also calls for Matic-D. I've had Maxlife in for 30k and most recently changed out for Castrol Import. I think the Castrol has produced better shifts.

YMMV, but both have been working well for me.

I have heard this "Better Shifts" between different ATF's. I guess it depends on what one person considers a good/better shift.

I know that a firm(er) shift is better for the tranny but, most folks like a smooth/seemless shift...I do too!

My '04 Altima(Matic-D) shifts just a bit differently betweent the OE fluid, the M1 and the Castrol IMV(IMV may have an edge in perceived shift quality).

The M1 seemed to be the best "all around" in terms of consistancy but, the tranny is getting older too! What I remember about the M1 is, consistancy:

* between shifts
* hot or cold outside temps
* smooth/crisp gear changes, up & down
* no shift flare...could be my tranny but, I did noticed something different in the tranny apon the addition of the Castrol IMV.
* no shift bump...hard to explain! I felt shift bump w/OE Matic-D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back