wurth sig 3000 grease help

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody know where i can buy wurth sig 3000 grease?
and you can't say from mgcycle.com which is the only site that shows up selling it at $25 a tube via google.

anybody know what the specs of this grease are?

it's being used on the outer axle bearings of a dana 60, it has zerk fittings. want to try and use the same thing that it came built with, but if i can't get the grease easily or it's going to be expensive then i'll just pull the other axle and clean the grease off. if i do that what do you recommend? I'd prefer something i can pick up locally for less than $10/tube.

think i was lucky to just get from the manuf. that they used wurth sig 3000 grease. i did not expect them to know the specs of the grease, so i called and emailed wurth.

my impression is there is one old guy at wurth and he is the only one that knows anything technical. and naturally he hates computers and probably won't have an email much less respond to the people i've been asking there for information. i've been sent an MSDS sheet twice after specifically stating i want to know the thickener type of the grease and if it's anywhere would be in a TDS and not an MSDS.

on the msds it mentions bentonite salts, could that mean it's a bentone type grease?

and according to wurth.... it's a bentone clay type grease.

figures.

looks like i'm pulling the other axle and cleaning bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back