Seafoam - It worked for me! (Pics inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this on your LS/VTEC engine? If so, how is that setup working out for you?

I've got a B18C5
smile.gif

Yes.

Actually I always use a whole can when I do it. My mechanic says 1/3 can is ok but a whole is even better in a vacuum line. Then get another whole can and put it in wih the gas. After you let it sit for 15 min. or so go drive it and beat the pi$$ out of it. If you just let it idle it will smoke a little bit but if you get it up to redline a few times you wouldn't believe the sheer volume of smoke one car can make. Good stuff.
grin.gif

Just used about 3/5th can of Seafoam in my del sol. While slowly vacuuming seafoam into the engine through the brake booster line, I noticed a good bloom of smoke coming from the back. I shut the car off and waited five minutes, idle for about 30sec and took off with a puff of smoke, but it was pretty clear after that. Just wondering still whether the smoke is carbon or oil, because putting oil through the injection fuel system in that method would still result in similiar smoke.

Forgot to add that my Engine Light turned on. I assume its because the brake booster vacuum line was unlplugged, so I just disconnected the battery for a bit and connected it and the Engine light was gone.

quote:

Originally posted by tadaima:
Forgot to add that my Engine Light turned on. I assume its because the brake booster vacuum line was unlplugged, so I just disconnected the battery for a bit and connected it and the Engine light was gone.

I've had the check engine light come on in my vehicles signaling a misfire when I inject cleaner into the intake. I either reset it using my scan computer or it goes out after a few drive cycles.

Something to consider at least on my LT1s there is not one vacuum port that will give you decent distribution to all cylinders so trying a few different ports one after another would work better in this case. So just look at your intake and think about that when picking a port or ports to run it through. No sense in decarboning just half the cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back