What to use to clean piston top till I see metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially, it was hard to tell. They were not spotless clean, but I think if anything the seafoam removed the softer flakier stuff really well around the outside. The harder stuff was still there, but I think it was softened up alot. I am going to use FP all the time and hopefully it will clean the rest over time. The engine that I removed had the same amount of carbon and it pinged alot. The new engine, after cleaning does not ping and runs well on 87 octane.

Also, change your oil when done too!

Also, like Jelly, I have used the "regane" product. I used it on 85 carbed chevy 1500 truck and it actually did well too. It's hard to find that product locally so that's why I tried the piston soak this time.

Along time ago there was a guy who had a national car talk radio show. His name was Jeff Brooks. He swore by "regane". That was back in the mid to late 80's. That's when I first learned about it. I don't know if its still as good as it was or not, but you might want to try a tank of that (if you can find it_, before you start dumping stuff down into the pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back