Napa Synthetic vs. Peak Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an oil change coming up on my wife's 2013 Nissan Altima which takes 0w20. Saw that both Napa Synthetic ($3.49qt) and Peak Synthetic ($19.99/5qts) are on sale. Which of these two synthetics would you take?

Well, Napa is rebranded Valvoline oil, and i like Valvoline and have used it in many applications for many years without fail.. thats what id use simply becouse im most familiar with it.

I know I like buying the Napa synthetic when it's on sale for under $4/qt. You can't beat it for the price IMO.

If both carry the spec for your car, then the cheaper one.

Since Napa is cheaper and from an established manufacturer (Valvoline) then that's even better.

If you are not staying within the manufacturer OCI, then more research is needed.

By going synthetic, staying within oci and having an oil in spec, you've already given yourself the biggest advantage. Different brands on a new car won't matter much unless you want to achieve something outside the norm.

Peak synthetic is Warren Products oil,the same basic stuff I believe as Wal Marts "Super Tech" synthetic.

I've run Napa syn a few times in the Jeeps and I have nothing bad to say about the oil. If they're both SN, and running for factory interval... I'd go with whatever is cheaper.

When you're talking about cost you should include cost of gasoline to go to store and back to buy oil(and filter).

In my case, NAPA is too far away such that it cost me another $5-6 gas to go there compares with going to O'Reilly and Pep Boys or Autozone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back