F1 2012 - United States GP Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was nice.
smile.gif

You bet ! lol , couldn t watch the race , was at my brother s place running after my 3 years old nephew , was a blast . too bad for the race but will check for results .

I am an avid F1 fan, however this race was boring. More like watching a parade then a race. Hopefully next year with softer tires and more opportunity in the pits it will be better.

Not a fan of the track's layout in the least. It has no rhythm, no flow. That high first corner is just a gimmick and doesn't add anything noteworthy to the experience. Boring. But since it's in America (F yeah!), everyone thinks it's the greatest thing since pork rinds and beer. Nice facilities, nice area, but the track itself is lame. Spa it ain't. It's not even Korea.

Wow, those Pirelli cowboy hats on the podium were cringe-worthy. I'd was almost embarrassed for the three of them, but since I don't like any of them...

Excellent debut race. Proud American to have a world class venue here in the states.

Race coverage was good & the race was interesting. Super wide purpose built track

BTW, Friend of mine(SCCA member) flagged turn 13 all weekend

I have to disagree about the race and the track.

I think the race was really exciting. Hamilton chasing down Vettel - TWICE - was gripping stuff. And once Hamilton was in the lead, was Vettel going to put on a charge to overtake him - especially on the last lap?

OK once they got past the long straight it was obvious that Vettel's chance was over - but that left only a half a lap to go. What could be more exciting than that!!

And how about Fernando? I mean 3rd!!! Yeah, he was 30 seconds behind and clearly not a threat to Hamilton and Vettel - but he did it with a car that wasn't going to be competitive.

AND THE TRACK??

As a former driver, the track's off rhythm is what makes the track such a challenge - one truly worthy of world class drivers. It was cool that there seemed to be so many different racing lines and off track excursions.

OK, the surface wasn't worn in yet - but that was to be expected.

Overall, I thought it was a great race and I expect the track to gain in stature over the years. Phil Hill and turn 1 are going to be features that get mentioned in the future.

As a driver, I think the track is FANTASTIC. I cannot wait to get on it. I've been driving it in F1 2012, and it is a whole lot of fun and very challenging.

The facility, as a whole, is also fantastic.

robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back