Oh yes! F1 Abu Dhabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turbokick
He is a pilot, not a mechanic, it's impossible to ¨improve his mechanical reliability¨ because the mechanical reliability of his car doesn't depend on him, this is the job of engineers, mechanics, etc. He do what he has to do in a brilliant way - he gain poleposicions and lead races, but what doesn't depend on him is the reliability of gearboxes, engines, electronics, etc. There are other people well-paid to do the mechanic stuff.
IMO it will be a hard way to go because Hammilton will need some time to get used with the new car and it takes time.

I think you missed what CATERHAM meant. He's implying that Mercedes may be more reliable.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I think you missed what CATERHAM meant. He's implying that Mercedes may be more reliable.

Yes, I think it's quite possible to have missed the point in his post, sorry. Anyway I hope Mercedes to build more reliable car for Lewis and be more concerned with their overall job as a team.

considering that Button's car rarely fails like Hamilton's has done so many times this year, i have to conclude that either his team (his side of the garage) are not as good, or perhaps he is harder on the car than Button. and that's not a bad thing considering his qualifying.

reminds me of a quote from Enzo Ferrari, he said Gilles V was so hard on their cars they had to constantly improve the parts to take his abuse. He also called him a Maestro of Destruction

Button had many headaches with his car also, almost the same as Hamilton did, but didn't achieved the half of Hammilton's poleposicions, fastest laps, victorys, etc. I think that this year was more than clear who's McLaren's first pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back