Dodge leaving Nascar at end of season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome old pictures! When I first learned about Nascar going with my dad to races even a dumb kid like me could see the types of cars. Now you have to hope for a close up of the front to see what sticker is on a car to tell what it is.

It would be really ironic if Brad Keselowski and the only remaining Dodge team in Nextel Cup could win the championship. It would be nice to go out on top.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
It would be really ironic if Brad Keselowski and the only remaining Dodge team in Nextel Cup could win the championship. It would be nice to go out on top.

Very good chance of it! I am mostly a fan of GM but I think it would be great if Brad wins the championship. Maybe Dodge would re-think leaving.

Pretty sure Brad in the Dodge wins the cup now after that mess of a race yesterday. Its too bad it turned into a Jerry Springer episode instead of a race.

Hope Keselowski can hold on and win it all this year. As for Dodge, if they can't even maintain their one viable team and no one seems to want to run their stuff, how are they going to stay in NASCAR?

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Very good chance of it! I am mostly a fan of GM but I think it would be great if Brad wins the championship. Maybe Dodge would re-think leaving.

Maybe winning the championship will make them consider regrouping and coming back in a few years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: morepwr
Its too bad it turned into a Jerry Springer episode instead of a race.

{chuckling to myself}
smile.gif

I couldn't believe all the stuff that erupted in the last 6 laps of the race. And the bad officiating. NASCAR needs to get rid of the green/white/checker finishes. They distort the outcome of a race and tear up a lot of race cars. When I was a faithful NASCAR fan 20 years ago, I never felt disappointed to see a race end under caution.

its all about money for the teams. years ago when the company i worked for dropped out of open wheel racing it was because they would not go beyond the 40 million they offered, basically they were outbid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back