Unwrapped/Unboxed Purolator Classic Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was killing some time and went walking around a KMart, which I haven't been to one in a long time. It was in pretty sorry shape, but that's another topic. I found myself in the oil filter aisle looking around and saw these:

DSC01033 by A.Bursell, on Flickr

These are for sale, but no boxes or even shrink wrapping. Is this a new ploy to save money? Or, is this just poor store management that would allow this after boxes were presumably damaged or defaced?

Adam

K mart is on its way out since they merged with sears and their prices went way up
i dont even look for filters there although at one time i used to buy lots of oil there...When the prices were really good forget it now

With a proper visual inspection I don't see why one couldn't be used; in fact I have used an unboxed filter several times in the past with no issue.

They haven't had a car care center in a decade. Or I'd say they were left overs from the penske quick lube that probably got them in a case.

20195 is a real common size, so the quick lube would have bought them by the dozen; conversely, they must have just found them as they should sell quickly.

Should have got the manufacturing date code off them to see how old they are.

"Classic" name been around since April 2009. Filters are really not that oid.

Some KMART's are not run well..others are. They have had some very good sales of late on oil filters, wiper , light bulbs etc. They also had a great close out on 1 gallon jugs of name oila year or so ago.

I know there are a lot of K Mart haters around this site but it is NEVER a good thing to see a large brick and mortar retail operation go down in flames.

The sad thing is that a lot of the problems at
K Mart and Sears are because of completely incompetent management, NOT because the stores or the companies are inherently flawed the reason they have been failing is because of [censored] management.

Heck I'd like to see the Roebuck or Sears families regain control of the stores.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I know there are a lot of K Mart haters around this site but ...

Good thing they don't sell FRAM filters.
laugh.gif

I like Kmart, one is close, my store is clean and rarely busy, and they have surprisingly good deals on sale items, regular prices not so much.

Plus it means I don't have to go to Walmart!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
They haven't had a car care center in a decade. Or I'd say they were left overs from the penske quick lube that probably got them in a case.

20195 is a real common size, so the quick lube would have bought them by the dozen; conversely, they must have just found them as they should sell quickly.
Penske has been gone FOREVER from Kmart, the Classic would have had the older graphics back then. I think the auto centers had their own oil filters, I remember buying them on closeout when they closed them.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

What is K-Mart doing that is so much better than Wal-Mart?

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

Nothing! just another tool getting on the bandwagon
crackmeup2.gif

I get tired of Wally's, plus it's much farther. Nice to have options.

And no bandwagons either, I actually worked for Walmart for about 3 years a long time ago, they are not the evil empire they are made out to be, but they are not the same as when Sam was around either.

I get tired of Wally's, plus it's much farther. Nice to have options.

That is your prerogative. K-Mart around here does nothing special over Wal-mart in saving money and offering their version of made in China junk.

Both places have the same social economic demographic trash roaming around.

Both places have the same social economic demographic trash roaming around.

True, but since Kmart is usually empty there's less of them!
lol.gif

Thanks for the injection of humor-- it's nice to see some poeple don't take things seriously all the time.

As a general rule I don't buy open boxes or damaged boxes and that's why these stuck out to me. I would never buy them no matter how good they looked. I just don't trust them. But I'm glad to see that this isn't how they will be marketing filters now, I wouldn't like that.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back