how to solve foggy windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MarkStock
Mercedes recirculation is designed to let in a little outside air to prevent fogging up.

It's something that Lexus copied.

Dual pane, argon filled gas windows, with coolant circulation around the windshield, and automatic thermostat controlled heating of the outside review mirrors. Plus cabin air exchange and filtration management regardless of climate control settings.

Upgrade to Guard and you can get positive cabin air pressure with filtration and protection against high level radiation, gas, and bio threats...

A bit of engineering and money can fix any problem, their is a reason 97% of the worlds leaders roll S class...

But on normal cars a heated garage, or turning the defrost on works wonders. If you drive a beater where it doesn't work...well I used to carry a rag.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loobed

Stop breathing. Most of the fog comes from your mouth and your sweat.

I'll take note of that.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Well, if there's humidity in the air and it's cold, unless your cabin is the same temperature as the air outside, you're going to have condensation on the warm side of the glass. You can buff and wipe beforehand all you want, but you cannot prevent this from happening. Droplets will find a nice craggy spot somewhere on the glass and settle up.

You can either run the A/C to remove moisture from the air in the cabin, or you can run the fans on high and the heat cranked until it's massively hot (glass will be foggy until it's as hot as a dryer in your cabin), or you can use a rain deflector over your windows and crack the window while using the fan. All of the above is on fresh, not recirculate.

Rain X has Anti-fog products specifically for INside glass which prevents foggy glass BUT man it's not easy to apply - just the tiniest bit too much, and it smears - go little and go slow. and it's never easy to apply something with even pressure to the INside of a w-shield due to the crazy angle of the windshield you have to wipe it with...I think they make some type of squeegee specially angled for this job.

The Rain-X interior glass anti-fog stuff really does works, but I have seen that if you clean your interior glass with stoners at least once a month and keep it clean (a lot easier to apply), interior fogging is minimized.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Move to Florida

That will not work as it rains almost everyday from May till October..The dew point is generally in the upper 70's or higher during that entire time.

I have not heard of anyone having foggy window issues for about 30 years..If your climate control system is working properly this should be a non issue no matter where you live.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: Loobed

Stop breathing. Most of the fog comes from your mouth and your sweat.

I'll take note of that.
laugh.gif

Win the Lottery & get someone else to drive the Rolls while you lounge in the Back.

I have tried anti fog solution on the inside of the windscreen.

NEVER AGAIN!!

A bleary streaky mess that is as bad as fog. And, it STILL fogs up. The cold window is still cold, and moisture is still there - can't get around chemistry.

Use a clean soft cloth until the heater keeps things clear .

I found the ext rain x stuff to be a major nousense to apply. So I ended up throwing it out and i still have this interior fog stuff that i will throw out too.

This stuff is a major nousense to apply! I dont have the patience for it. It took me 3hrs one day and a whole lot of elbow grease to get the streaks out of my windshield.

Ill run the defoger for however long i need when its cold.

Dumb question but is it bad to run the defoger for too long? Some mornings in winter ill have it running for my entire trip if i have to cause or else my windows start fogging up again.

I notice my left window fogs up more than my right, why is that?

410lIkOsMjL._SS500_.jpg

And believe it or not but supposedly keeping a dead mouse or rat in your car really helps keep the air dry. Just put it on your seat or dash and store it in your glove box when driving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back